Understanding

Taehyung

I was livid when Jungkook told me about Hyun and Jin not being together at the end, I wonder if my parents knew, I have resented Jin from the beginning for so many things, making me want him, choosing my brother, and for being my mothers favorite when I could never be. I didn't text him like I said I would, I didn't even want to see him right now, I end up staying at the hotel with Kook. 

"Why are you so angry", he asks me. "He was supposed to be there for my brother till the end, he said he loved him and then I find out that he wasn't", I say angrily. "Tae, he was there till the end, he took care of Hyun when he wasn't working or taking care of Lennon, Hyun told me what happened and why the split, it wasn't Jin's fault, I think you need to talk to him to understand", Kook says. 

I tossed and turned, not being able to sleep, I grab my phone and text Jin

Tae - Are you awake

Jin - I am, I just got home from work, what's wrong

Tae - Can you make time for me tomorrow, we need to talk

Jin - Sure I'll text you in the morning, are you staying with Kook tonight

Tae - Yea sorry I didn't tell you, last minute thing

Jin - It's okay, we'll talk tomorrow, Night Tae

Tae - Night Jin

The next morning after I shower I leave to go visit my brother, I walk thru the quiet cemetery when I hear a small voice, "I miss you daddy, I hope that you are doing good." I see Jin and Lennon sitting by my brothers headstone, I stay back for a minute and watch them, poor Lennon will never know how great her dad truly was, maybe that's what I am supposed to do, tell her all about him. "Taehyung", I look up to see Jin smiling at me. "Morning Jin", I say looking guilty. "UNCLE TAE", Lennon hurdles herself into my arms. I hold her to me tightly, breathing in her scent, "hi baby girl, I've missed you." "Did you come to say hi to daddy", she asks. "I did but I am glad you are here, I wanted to see you", I say kissing her forehead. 

"Let's go back to the house and I'll make us breakfast", Jin says grabbing Lennon's hand and leading her to the car. Once back at Jin's I sat at the kitchen counter while he cooked, "I wanted to talk to you about something I found out and it's bothering me." He looks at me confused, "what did you find out." "Jungkook told me that you and Hyun weren't together at the end, is that true, why did you leave him when he needed you the most", I say with a hint of anger and annoyance in my voice. "Taehyung I understand that you are upset but there is just so much you don't know, you weren't here to witness it", he says. "Enlighten me", I say coldly. 

Seokjin

I sigh and sit down across from Taehyung, how can I explain that his brother had a hard time at the end and that I had feelings for another, "Taehyung, Hyun was your twin, you knew him better than anyone and I would never tell you anything bad about him to hurt you, I don't know if you know that your brother was very possessive and dominant, we had a lot of problems because of jealousy and it ended up tearing us apart", I say spinning my cup in my hands. "He did tell me once that you broke up because he was stalking you", Tae says. 

"It never stopped, after he got sick the reason he had to move in with your parents was because he was so jealous and insecure that he would get out of bed and follow me to work, I had to work Tae, that was the only source of income we had, finally your dad took him home and made him stay there", I say remembering what a horrible time that was, "he would get so upset with me that it would cause big fights, I couldn't take it anymore, so I broke it off with him, I still helped with him but we weren't together, he accused me of having feelings for someone else."

 "Seokjin I am so sorry, when he told me that he was pretty much obsessed with you I couldn't believe it", Tae says apologetically, "who did he think you had feelings for." I looked at him with wide eyes, do I tell him, do I tell him that his brother told me repeatedly that Tae had feelings for me, "he didn't name anyone in particular, just in general." 

"Daddy is breakfast ready", Lennon says coming down the stairs. "In a minute honey, uncle Tae and I are talking, you can watch TV till its ready", I say. "Hyun told me that it was him not you that pushed us apart, I blamed you and I am sorry for that, I am sorry for being such an asshole, I guess I was just je, ummm stupid", he says, I didn't miss what he wanted to say, the question is was he jealous of me or his brother.

Tae got up and went into the living room with Lennon, he watched TV with her while I finished up breakfast, I can't help but to smile knowing he is here and that we are actually talking and getting along, for so long he was cold to me, ignoring me and to know that Hyun told him it was his fault and not mine is a weight that has been lifted.  

The other problem is that Tae resents the relationship I have with his mom, that's why I have tried to stay away as much as possible, I don't know how Taehyung truly feels about me but I don't want to take steps backward because his mom thinks its okay to be ugly while she's grieving, my instinct is to protect him and if that means standing up to his mother I will, whether he likes it or not.