Chapter 2

||

~Y/N POV~

||

The celebration went well.

These people really bought a cake with a picture of a girl knocking on a door. The exact description of me a year ago.

With no memory of who I was except my name Jung Y/N, I was the centre of attraction for many months if not days. Mainly because even after months, precisely a year, no one really knew anything about me.

Once they do, it is all over for me.

"Unnie, look at Heejin she stole my candy!" Yisung whined tugging at my shirt.

"Have mine then." I gave her my cotton candy which she accepted, wide-eyed.

"You don't eat candy?" She asked in awe as she took a huge piece of her candy.

I shook my head smiling. This might be the first time many kids saw me smile as about two-thirds of the room turned to look at me with horrified faces watching me smile.

"You are so brave!" Yisung whispered slowly, not taking her eyes off my face.

My smile wavered at the mention of brave.

Brave?

Me?

If running from your problems, taking up a new identity and lying every day to make an old lie stronger counts as brave, I believe I am a part of Avengers and the world is doomed.

I looked around to avoid Yisung's sparkling eyes still staring at me in adoration. Some of the kids were dancing on the dance floor while some were just for food. I looked around at the decorations. It was all so beautiful with the balloons and ribbons, I wondered how much did they spend on me exactly? They even brought me a gift of a book I was wondering to buy with my part-time job's money for like forever.

"Okay, kids. Now is the time for the important announcement for which I gave permission to conduct this party." I stopped my appreciation for the decorations to look at Krs Kang.

She stood in the centre with a sad expression on her face. And I knew it even before she started her speech about how much she loves me and how much I mean to her. It was all true, each and every word, except the one fact that no one, no one should ever attach too much to good things.

"I am delighted at the same time teary to announce that our dear Y/N-ah is getting adopted."

The whole room filled with groans and Heejin started crying. A six-year-old but she already knew being adopted meant one less sibling around.

Her tiny hands came to hug my knees as she cried clinging to me as if that would keep me forever. I picked her up in my arms and bowed again to everyone. They all bowed back and after one look at their sad faces, I was happy I didn't leave any 'cold girl' image in this orphanage.

I tucked Heejin into her bed as she slept with dried tears visible on her face. As I came outside I saw Mrs Kang with a lantern in her hand to check if everyone was sleeping or not.

"You can leave now only. I can see it will be hard for you to leave everyone while seeing them, though no one ever interacted with you, they all would miss your presence." Mrs Kang said softly patting my cheek.

Her touch felt so motherly, I wondered if I would get the same in my new home.

"I'll miss you." I said simply, and Mrs Kang widened her eyes before smiling the most beautiful smile. This was the first time I ever showed any kind of feelings towards her.

Now was the best time for it before I part ways with everyone.

||

When I first saw my new car, the shock was an understatement. It looked like it came straight out of a Sherlock Holmes book. A fully black car with dark windows that showed nothing of the inside. Even the sunroof was black.

Though I gasped audibly when I saw the house. It was so huge.

Not a mansion, but a big house nonetheless. A big house with a garden and a fountain. It looked so beautiful and elegant. Nothing fancy, just simple beauty.

The big black gate opened as I entered and I saw that the lights were on. They were waiting for me, and now even though I haven't met them I felt bad for making them stay up until night.

My luggage consisted of only one suitcase with my minimal possessions given by the orphanage as I didn't have any. So I grabbed my suitcase as I entered the living room.

There were so many people sitting there I had to stop and count them before I could progress further. They were eight in total.

The adult among the people stood up as he saw me, and the seven other boys followed his move as they noticed me standing in the doorway. Before I came here Mrs Kang had given me the details of who they were so by deductive reasoning I deduced these are my seven stepbrothers and this is my stepfather.

I placed my luggage near the sofa and extended a hand toward the man.

"Jung Y/N. Nice to meet you." He shook my hand firmly.

"Bang Si-Hyuk, or maybe Appa for you from now?" He smiled at me which instantly calmed down my nerves, even though none of the feelings were shown on my face.

"Yes, but can I call you Ajhussi for now? I mean like it would need me some time before I..." I trailed off. The man smiled the same as before as if he expected this.

"No worries. You can call me Bang PD until then, my close ones call me that. I promise I will cook dinner myself the day you finally call me Appa." He winked at me and I smiled.

"I apologize for any inconvenience caused by me, I had to come now because I couldn't bear saying goodbye." I bowed slightly.

"Ah, you are our family now." Bang PD shook his head. Gesturing to the maids, he ordered my luggage to be sent to my new room upstairs.

"You are now officially a part of the Bangtan family. Your name is still Jung Y/N though. Your new room has all necessities needed for you, but if you need anything you can tell me or any of them. Now I will leave you kids to know each other, they all are dying to see their sister." Bang PD whispered the last part in my ears and I smiled a little.

As soon as he went to his room, I was tackled to the ground by a bone-crashing hug.

Oh my gosh.

||

I love stars.
I want many stars in my universe.
Oh, you wanna be one?
Click this star...and you will be one of my universe!