Epilogue

"After all the drama, we deserve a soft epilogue."

||

~One year later~
~No one's POV~

||

Hoseok woke up in the middle of the night to a noise downstairs. He jumped up due to years of training, and instinctively his hands went under his pillow where he kept his knife.

Keyword: kept.

He dropped the habit a year ago since Y/N returned and they began their normal life. Many hardships, heartbreaks, and scoldings later Bangtan family was finally complete.

Today they just had a movie night. It was literally 2 am in the morning when they slept, and now Hoseok was again awoken by noises.

He walked out of the room and saw six other heads peeking out of their rooms. He smiled softly knowing their training was still intact.

"Is she sneaking again?" Jimin whispered.

Hoseok nodded and the boys shook their heads.

"This girl." Taehyung facepalmed.

"This time I am considering the option of actually murdering her just so she would stop this." Yoongi mumbled and the maknaes actually believed him for a moment.

They tip-toed downstairs, carefully peeking through the wall to find the girl sitting by the window under the moonlight, nose buried in a book and a half-empty bucket of chocolate ice cream on the side.

Lately, Y/N had grown a fondness for books. Her room is still black with colourful paintings and minimal furniture, but now the extra space in the room is always used up by the books all over. There is a big bookshelf they gifted her as her birthday gift. It only has one shelf remaining now, the others are already stacked with books.

"Aww, Sel! I will definitely kiss you if you said Cariad to me..." Y/N whispered not knowing there were seven boys dying of laughter seeing her so into romance.

(A/N: The book Y/N is reading is 'Legendborn' by Tracy Deon, her favourite as well as mine. Cariad means 'Love' in Welsh.)

"I really don't care if you are half-demon, if you come up to my window and say come with me I'll tell you later, I would be like let me grab my hoodie real quick, no questions asked." Y/N leaned back and closed her eyes, closing the book and hugging it close to her.

"But promise me if you ever come out of the book and take me, you will let me come back here, I can't live without my Oppas, neither without you for that matter." She whispered smiling and the boys smiled.

"I am already feeling jealous of Bree. You two look great. But I love you more." Y/N opened her eyes and chuckled.

"Look at me falling in love with a book character." She frowned for a moment.

"Anyway, no human is good enough for me." Y/N flipped her hair dramatically and put the book down. She picked up a big spoonful of ice cream and blew on it.

The Hyungs looked at her with raised eyebrows while the Maknaes had their hands on their mouth to stop their laughter looking at your ridiculously adorable drama.

Y/N was battling her minor brain freeze and Namjoon being Namjoon, he managed to somehow break the painting hanging on the wall he was leaning on.

Y/N jumped at the sound, shielding her ice cream, she squinted in the darkness. Yoongi rolled his eyes and pulled Hoseok with him into the moonlight.

Like a domino effect, Hoseok pulled Jungkook, Jungkook pulled Namjoon, Namjoon pulled Taehyung, Taehyung pulled Jin and Jin pulled Jimin. But Jimin didn't have anyone to pull so he pulled a chair with him.

"Ah, you are so mean you were spying on me?" Y/N whispered-shouted.

"You are so good eating ice cream without me?" Jungkook ignored her complaints as he tried to take the ice cream. They began fighting over the ice cream and Jin snatched the bucket before it could spill over the duo.

"I will serve it, sit there." Jin whispered-shouted and Y/N and Jungkook sat by the window quietly.

"It's your fault now I'll get less ice cream." Y/N complained.

Jungkook showed his tongue and Y/N pulled his ear. They again began fighting and Namjoon had to intervene.

"Stop acting like kids!" He pulled them apart.

"We are not acting!" The two said together and Namjoon was absolutely trustfrated.

Jin came with the ice cream bowls and they sat around the window with moonlight shining inside.

"So Y/N-ah, who is Sel?" Yoongi asked casually.

"My boyfriend." Y/N winked at the elder.

The boys froze for a moment and then remembered that he was a book character.

"You are crazy." Taehyung laughed.

"Tell me something I don't know." Y/N winked at the boy and Namjoon whispered something in her ear. They both began giggling which soon turned to laughter.

"Wae? What happened?" Jungkook asked.

"Well, Namjoon Oppa told me that," Y/N looked at everyone. "Tae Oppa sleeps with his eyes open."

Everyone began laughing and Taehyung looked at Namjoon feeling betrayed.

"Yeah. True." He replied and began laughing with the rest.

The kids laughed and teased each other like a normal family. Eight of them were completely unaware of a man looking at them adorably. He sighed, going upstairs to sleep in his room.

"My babies..."

Bang Si-Hyuk smiled and went into a deep slumber, deciding to scold them later for staying up so late at night.

He was their father after all.

||

End.