THREE

A week of planning has been made, Holstien and I conducting the perfect idea. All I needed now was for the gracious King to agree. My hands finding the knobs of his doors as I used my strength to push them open. The King was at his desk as Holstien stood next to his side, acting like the loyal peacemaker Alex thought he was. My fiancé looked up at me with the corner of his eyes, I pushed my shoulders back. "Alex." I motioned, putting my hands before my body, suddenly missing the uniform I used to wear.

Instead, I had been dressed and prepared to Alex's liking. Revealing dresses that showed off my every curve, in his royal colors of red and gold.

The King sighed, not interested in what I had to say. He wrote something down but didn't even look up at me, "Can't you see I'm busy right now?" He told me. I froze making eye contact with Holstien who looked well on annoyed. Then my gaze descended to the rest of the room, lined up was every since Ambassador who supported Alex's reign- yet they all feared me.

A smile cracked on the edges of my lips as I moved my hand to the door, a conjuring of air between my lips as a gust of wind threw the doors open. Everyone flinched under my doing, the movement a very theatrical one. "Leave, all of you." I commanded, the room emptying as I was left behind with my fiancé, who didn't look pleased that I had just made his Ambassadors leave. That's the thing Alex didn't understand, I was the Judas Witch. I was the one who could snap their necks with the movement of my wrist. He was just the Shepard, but I needed his people divided to be Queen. Alex and I left alone in the room as made a fist. The doors closing and locked to my vices, "Now that your schedule has cleared up." I said.

Alex put his pen down, his red eyes matched mine as he leaned back into his chair. The smile on my face settled as he flipped the switch. The feeling of my shoulders weighting down overwhelmed me, the smell of his pheromones encased the room. "I don't understand what you think can be more important right now." He addressed me, but I didn't know what made him feel like he was in control.

"I've the past several weeks, Holstien and I have been coordinating with the witches taking sanctuary in Scotland." Letters and phone calls have only been able to support so much of my time, as their sovereign- I needed a true connection with them. I didn't know what their reaction would be to my being their Queen. I needed a rightful reaction, I needed to start council. "It's high time I go to see what I can do to help." I cued imagine, knowing Holstein was on the other side of the door listening in.

The King was fast to his answer, "No."

Even without Ithe, my scale for annoyance was always very low. I was growing tired of the sound of Alex's voice. "Excuse me." My brow arched, the pheromones nearly suffocating me. I needed to watch and learn.

Compulsion and intense pheromones is how Alex and Natalia are able to make humans and lowly Vampires submit to them. I know now that Natalia's forces can't work on me, but Alex is a lot stronger than the false Queen.

Alex gave me a reason, a glimmer of his old self came to me. However, I knew that no matter how much Alex thought he cared- his versions of love wasn't anything that I'd known before. Obsession, possession. He didn't want an equal, he wanted a dog to own. Alex shook his head at me, I sighed. "It's far too dangerous, you aren't just a simply Keeper anymore Delia. You have a target on your back." He told me as if I wasn't already the most wanted traitor on the Keeper's list. As if I hadn't been murdered by Natalia and her forces and on the run.

"I always had a target on my back. I was a fugitive half a year ago, I can handle myself." I let him know, but the King didn't look like he was going to give me the glimpse I needed.

He shook his head at me in disagreement, his fingers wrapped around in fists. As I tried to concentrate, his red eyes turning bright like a ruby. There has been one good advantage to becoming a Vampire- and that was Alex's blood lust for me was gone. "You are my fiancée, my responsibility. I said no." He told me, good thing I always got the last word in our arguments.