TWENTY THREE

The Hound's POV

   I haven't allowed my anger to guide since I was young, Marcus stood across from me as he cleaned a glass. His brow risen as he spoke, "Have you told her that she's your one? Does she even know?" He asked me, I didn't dare give Marcus the specifics. Knowing that even mentioning Cordelia's name could cause a stir. More and more Vampires were becoming understanding of her power, soon it would not be the King they feared but her. However, if the King learned who she was to me, I feared what he would do to her. Then again I was the one burning with jealousy like a young teenager.

When he kissed him, adorned his lap with her pretty legs. I wanted to crush the Tepes bastard's skull in and show Cordelia what I would do for her. My heart heavy as her face came to mind, blood dripping from her lip as she raised her head from her victim. Only a sick fucker like me would ever think that it was attractive- and I did. If Alex were dismissed from the room I would have attempted to ravish her.

Yet we haven't even kissed.

I've dreamed of the way her mouth would feel, but I forced myself to subdue the urges. I wouldn't touch her until she was ready, so until then I would open my arms when need be.

However, I would be the one to kill Alex. She needed to get that through her pretty head, she may have spilled blood but I was the beast that murdered with a smile. I've stayed in the shadows far too long, watching him torment Cordelia and all he touches. The royal family is cursed, every mortal soul who has crossed their path will crumble before them. I would be the one to cut his head off, I swore an oath to myself that I would end the Tepes line. I've been determined too since Dracul took my life.

"She's too busy to know, I don't want her worried about this on top of everything else." I said drowning in another glass of whiskey, the smell of blood filled my nose but it disgusted me. My own memories scried in my mind, pressing my hand against the temple of my head as I slowly breathed. Twisting my stomach almost completely vile as I looked back up at my friend. "She'll know soon." I told Marcus, but I didn't know when soon would be.

I knew soon she would begin to feel the affects of our souls entwining, I've already begun to feel the pull. Her emotions become my emotions, I can feel her dreams and her pain. Her nightmares- I wish I could take them away. However, they were only wishes. Hope filled my heart as I imagined her smiling face, a face I haven't seen in what felt like forever. When she was on the run, I felt like her smile was the strongest it had ever been. Maybe I should have intervened when Ambassador Holstein asked her to return to court, maybe then she would be happier.

"I know you aren't one to believe this but, lying to someone doesn't protect them." Marcus told me.

Lifting my chin to my best friend, I decided to challenged him. A smile broke between my teeth as my brow rose to the temptation, "1974. The redhead." I reminded him, his cheeks grew flushed and Marcus' entire body grew on edge. Fucking with Marcus was always a little more exhilarating than what it needed to be. Then again I've always loved toying with Marcus, ever since we first met. He was the only man I've kissed, I don't find other men to be the same. I was straight but Marcus was always a different story, but we've attempted dating and we don't work. We've tried to kill each other too many times.

Marcus rolled his eyes, "You asshole." A chuckle quick between his teeth as I nodded. Marcus moved away from me to attend to another customer but quickly returned before me when he was finished. Putting his elbows against the bar as he leaned into me, "Quit bringing up old flames and focus on your own girl." I was told as I rolled my eyes.

I was focused. Too focused as it seemed, I struggled with myself for a while- because I didn't want to become obsessed with her. Still I found it hard not to.

Watching my drink, there was an annoying voice that I was forced to drive my attention too. My eyes snapped up at he spoke, "She's a hot thing, you should have seen her walking around with her tits out today. Blood all over her chest, the King is lucky to have a whore like her on his hip." Suddenly, I didn't feel like sulking anymore. Putting my glass to the bar side as I sat back in my chair, Marcus looked at me strange. Waiting for my answer as he threw the towel over his own shoulder. "That Duchess would look good with her lips wrapped around-." I didn't want to hear the rest of that sentence, crushing the whiskey glass in my hand as shards cut my palm. Blood running down my fingertips as I brushed the glass out to leave the wound to heal.

I looked over my shoulder as the bastard blinked at me. "You shouldn't talk about a lady like that with your disgusting fowl mouth. So if you want to keep your teeth I suggest you stop." My voice escaped me like a growl, an anger that wouldn't be satisfied with a threat. I guess it was time for a kill. The urge slowly twisted my gut and it wasn't right.

I didn't have bloodlust for humans like a normal Vampire, instead it was replaced with the desire to murder twisted fucks like him.

They quieted up, but the one who seemed to not be able to keep my mate out of his mouth was already becoming my first victim of the night. This would be a side I would never show Cordelia, for the knight in shining armor she assumed I was- was only a truly bloody mess. I looked back up to Marcus who searched my eyes, a smile twitched against his cheek as he spoke. "Your one is the Duchess of Night?" He whispered low to where we could only hear.

Fuck.

I rolled my eyes as I found myself needing something to take off the edge. Moving my hands down into my jacket pocket as I pulled out the small blunt and placed it between my fingers. "You can't tell anyone." I told Marcus, he nodded silently. He looked past me and searched the room. "Could you close the bar for me?" I asked him, knowing he would say yes.

Marcus put his hands up and ushered everyone out, arguments started but they knew better than to fuck with the bartender on neutral territory. He might be quiet and merciful but Marcus was a soldier, he would do whatever he could to keep his bar safe. Killing included in that list. I heard the chair of my target slide back, rising to my feet as I sped over to him. My hand wrapping around his neck as his body slammed into the wall behind him. Placing the blunt between my lips, I drew the smoke into my mouth as he struggled under me. My head turning to look at his friends who cowered in fear, all I had to do was smile at them with my fangs- and they were up to run.

I blew the smoke outwards as I handed my blunt over to Marcus who stood there with a smug look on his face. "I don't know what I did man, but I'm sorry." The insect fought under my touch as I tightened my grip.

"You were always so over protective of the things you love, Kazi." Marcus told me as I dropped the man to the ground, he didn't even try to run away as I grabbed his neck and gave it a harsh twist. The sound of bones cracking thrilled me, but that wouldn't kill him. Pulling my sword from it's holster, metal scraped against metal. The sound brining my home as a thousand memories fell into my mind. My breathing changed, anxiety filled my lungs. Marcus put his hand on my shoulder, "You aren't in war anymore Kazimir, it's been nearly eight hundred years. You're safe." He told me, but I knew the visions wouldn't stop until my hunger was satisfied.

I slashed my blade against the Vampire's neck, severing the head as it rolled. Marcus offered to clean up but I helped. The smell of blood strayed up my nostrils as he took the dead body off the floor and began to drag it out of the room. My fingers were stained red as something in my body clicked. This was a war and I wouldn't be safe until the last Tepes was dead- and Cordelia sat on the throne.