FIFTEEN

My first punch nailed Leon in the chest, the impact shaking my fist as we continued to dance around one another. The bamboo of the sparing map brushed against my feet as he tried to swing at me. Moving my head down as I wrapped my arm around the back of his leg. Sweat drenched my forehead as I lifted with my back. Leon moved his weight as my body was thrown forward. Not before I moved my legs up and locked my ankles around his neck. Throwing his body to the ground as I refused to let up, Leon slapped the mat twice before giving up.

I released him as I rose to my feet, wiping the sweat away from my mouth with the cloth wrapped around my fist. My pony tail clung to my neck as I watched him. The silent guard opened his mouth to speak, "When you asked for me to assist you, I didn't think you would be beating me up in the process." He coughed as he complain, laughter bubbles out of my mouth as he sound absorbed the room. "Is this what helps you get your mind off of things?" He asked me.

Two days since the dinner where I was forced to play magician and Alex forced human blood into my mouth, vengeance still sat in my stomach but I didn't act. Instead, I came here everyday and beat the shit out of the first victim I could find. "I needed this, thank you Leon." I told him as I playfully slapped his shoulder.

A familiar voice broke against the peace of our fight, Holstein standing in the doorway as he called out to me. "Delia." He said my name, even though he was my best friend- when he played his political part I wanted to rip his head off.

"What part of I don't want to talk did you not understand Holstein?" I asked him, lifting my brow to him as I gave up the fight and moved away. Grabbing a towel off a chair and wiping my body down.

Holstein came to my side, a smile almost crowing on his face as he mocked me. "The part where you thought you had a choice." He told me, taking the towel out of my hand to get a good look at me face. I threw my hand forward but he reached out and grabbed it. His fingers taking the impact of my knuckles.

My breathing unsteady as my shoulders rose and fell, "Fuck off." I told him as I took my hand back. Shaking my fingers as I tried to center myself in the room. I sighed, knowing there was nothing I could do. We needed to have this conversation, even though I've been dreading it for the past two days. I wanted to avoid it at all costs but here the three of us were- standing in the sparing room. I threw my hands up with a spell of silence. Allowing the thick air to consume the room, to where no one would hear us. "Fine, start a lecture then."

Holstein shook his head in disagreement, it was clear he didn't like my attitude. "What happened when he kissed you?" He asked me. The memory still burned in my mind of Alex's lips on mine. A year ago I might have giggled and been flustered but instead I threw up the second I was relieved to my chambers.

"He forced me to drink human blood, it was for show and to make me feed." I said sucking on my teeth, my fangs glimmered against my lip as I shook my head. I've gotten used to the feeling of their existence, causing me to stop biting on my lip and the wall of my mouth.

The peacemaker shook his head in disbelief, scrolling as he spoke to me. It was clear that everyday that passed, Holstein hated Alexandur more and more. "That bastard, does he not care about all the progress you've made?" He asked me and I shrugged my shoulders.

I didn't like to think about what Alex and I used to have, because it only left me with a stir of feelings in my gut. My first love ended in tragedy. I had never experienced tragedy until I met him, and even though I loved him. I always secretly hated from for it. "He just wants me to become dependent on him." I signed, a warning filled the room. "Don't worry, I haven't had the urge to feed since. I've been watching myself." There were scars carved onto my skin from him, marking burned into my bones that would forever remain unseen.