TEN

We were met at the gates of the palace, a butler took our things as one of Alex's personal maids looked up at me with wife's eyes. Her blonde hair bounced as she smiled, "Welcome home milady." She addressed me, then I looked down to her neck. A pair of fangs had clearly warped her skin recently along did a hickey, I knew who it was- but I couldn't judge. "How was your trip?" She asked me.

"Eventful." Was all I wanted to say.

She grew small in her voice, lowing herself to me as she seemed to notice I was studying her. I didn't mean to make her afraid but it was hard now a days to stop it. "The King wishes to speak to you, Holstien, and the Hound."She peeped through the beginning of her voice, I blinked at her almost surprised she had the courage to speak. "He told me immediately." Something must have broken her, because the stare she gave me trampled the motion in my chest. She was terrified but I didn't know if it was me.

I turned to look back at my court, Kate's eyes burned holes into my chest. "Goodluck." I nodded in a reply, motioning then to go. We all decided in the train back that we would meet in my quarters later tonight to discuss everything that's happened.

Holstein knew he would stay behind next to Alex, the peacemaker knew his place in our game. He was Alex's best friend, the King needed him but his side. So Holstein would be my ears and we would court the King for as long as we needed until we were ready to strike. First, we needed the support of the other Ambassadors. So we would need to prove that Alexandur Vladimir Tepes is just as mad as the types of Kings they fear. We cannot have a revolution without clear judgement. The three of us marched our way into the throne room, where Alex's eyes ran a bright red color. We all bowed to him as the doors closed behind me. "My King." I mewed over the sound of my voice.

"How was Scotland? Is it still insufferable as it's always been?" He asked me, Holstein moved away from me as he slowly made his way to the side of the throne. Then Kazimir followed suit and disappeared into the shadows where the King thought they belonged. Leaving me alone to make my move.

Keep my head raised as I spoke, I slid my hands over the edges of my clothes. The golden lion necklace around my neck made me feel like I was suffocating, I opened my mouth to speak. "We were able to coordinate the manor into a school of sorts for the witches, Amelia even stayed behind to attend with her best interests in mind." The King seemed a little strained, as if he didn't agree what I did with my court. "Everything is going as smoothly as I promised. We did have a slip up with one of Natalia's witches but it was handled discretely." I told him with a smile on my face, discretely was a settlement. We decided to keep a secret of how she was handled. No one needed to know how Kazimir snapped her neck, it was fine to make them wonder what happened.

The King turned his head to the side in the direction of where Kazimir stood, chills rolling up my spine as Alex asked me. "How was he?" He asked, seeking an answer in hopes to know if Kazimir would stay his loyal dog. Just like what he's done for every royal since the ages of Vlad.

"Quiet, kept to himself." It wasn't a complete lie and even if it was, my court all agreed that Kazimir's actions would remain a secret. "He follows orders well." I felt my throat burn, everything in my body disagreed with me. Kazimir told me what to say, he told me it was for the best- but right now all I wanted to do was for him to see me.

Alex seemed to enjoy my words as a wicked smile formed across his pale face, his back straightened and his figure twisted. The Vampire King watched me without remorse of his doing, "Good, I was worried the Hound might be a problem. If he served you well then I think it can be workable." He referred to Kazimir as it, I tried to fixate my eyes on the King without him noticing the slight annoyance in my face. I sighed as Alex ran his gaze over my chest, "You look beautiful may I add." He told me as he noticed the change of the markings on me skin.