Chapter 1

"Che'nya~" 

A young girl skipped down the cobblestone lane, her stunning blue heels making small clicking sounds whenever they hit the stone. She stood out like a star in a pitch-black cave, as she was a little girl covered in blue and white in a world of red roses. 

"Che'nya~" she called again, pausing at the base of a huge oak tree. 

Her mind was suddenly distracted from finding her dearest friend and twin and smirked. Soundlessly, she shut her eyes and the familiar tingling sensation crept up her body as she disappeared from view. A second later, she appeared in one of the lower branches of the oak tree, stretching out along the wood.

"His loss," she purred to no one in particular, except for maybe the birds cowering in the higher branches. They were fearful of the way that her feline ears seemed to tick with every sound that passed by, and the way that her tail swept casually on the thick branch. And of course, there were the sharp claws that never seemed to dull, no matter how many times she cut them.

"I wonder how long it will take for someone to find me," Y/N hummed, shutting her eyes and turning over so that her stomach was pressed against the bark. One hand propped her chin up, the other hanging down below the branch. "Perhaps Grandpaw will come and find me when he realises that I've been gone past lunch."

The sun danced across the sky as time moved on and Y/N felt her body growing tired, the familiar pull of sleep ticking her eyelids. She relented with ease and slumped over onto the branch, one arm now tucked under her head while the other hung down the side of the branch. Her tail continued to sway absentmindedly, flicking in time with the images that she saw in her dream.

"Mini purr-fect cupcake," the girl muttered in her sleep. She had just come from a wonderful bakery up the lane and was in a post-feast snooze. This often happened when she ate something, whether that was a cupcake that would make any child go crazy or a roasted bird that her grandpaw had made for her and her brother.

After about an hour of sleeping, someone walked under Y/N's branch, finding her almost instantly in the branches. The boy smirked and quickly scampered up the tree, poking the end of his sister's tail as it swayed hauntingly in front of him. It flicked in annoyance, and the boy laughed, poking it again.

"You know... it's not nice to wake a lady while she sleeps." 

Che'nya smirked and leaned back against the trunk, watching as his sister righted herself on the branch. She turned to face him, one leg over each side of the tree branch. She leaned forward and rested her chin on her hands, staring at her brother.

"You ditched me."

Che'nya smirked and leaned back against the tree. "Sorry, N/N~ I meowly forgot that Grandpaw wanted me to go and get some new cards for him."

Y/N pouted like a child. "But you still left me all alone!" She pouted and dropped her face into her arms.

Che'nya and Y/N were twins and best friends. They were known around the Queendom of Roses, and even more so in their own village, for being the two mischievous cat twins that could disappear and reappear at will. It wasn't odd for them to be the suspect of many pranks that went on around the town, though no one was ever actually able to point directly to the twins. While Che'nya preferred the beautiful shade of lilac that he always wore, Y/N preferred the colour of Azure and Cobalt. They were identical in most other ways though. 

"Should we head back to Grandpaw," Y/N asked after a moment of pouting, tilting her head to look at her brother. 

Che'nya nodded. "Probably. But Riddle is leaving today with Trey, so meowby you wanna go and say bye?" He smirked at his sister, knowing that Riddle and Trey were two of their best friends.