2K Special!

A/N: This book has been really dark so far so here is some fluff :) *Not the same character as in the book. 

Some feelings were too euphoric to describe. Like the way that the wind blew through Y/N's hair as she sailed across the open sea, standing atop the mast, secured by a rope wrapped around her wrist. The other arm was stretched out to the side, feeling the flapping of her sleeve against her arm as the wind swept around her body. It sent a chill down her spine and with every passing second, she felt closer to the sky, as if she might truly sprout wings and soar into the heavens. 

"Y/N! Come down from there!"

Y/N laughed as she heard her mother call out to her and she leaned over the edge, staring down like an eagle at her mother below. Her mother was dressed in her usual attire, not having become accustomed to the way of the sea quite yet, despite their week-long journey, and seemed to stumble about on the ship.

"But it's so wonderful up here, Mother," Y/N shouted, turning her face to the sky. "It feels like I'm flying."

She heard her father chuckle down below. "Let the little girl be. She's had enough fancy parties for a lifetime."

"I'm not little!"

"You will forever be my little treasure, Y/N!"

She laughed but decided to comply with her mother's wishes. Just as the masters of the ship had shown her, she wrapped the rope around her wrist and lept off of the mast, flying down toward the deck at a rapid pace. 

"Y/N!"

She landed on the deck with a thud, her boots making a thunderous racket on the wood surface, and as she got to her feet, she was swarmed with the attention from her mother. 

"Y/N, dearest, you could have been hurt! You could have broken your legs or your neck or your..."

"Mother," Y/N sighed, gently pushing her mother away from her. "I'm fine. The sailors taught me how to do it."

"Your mother is right, N/N." 

Y/N turned and smiled when she saw a familiar boy walking up to her, dressed in attire that Y/N found flattering but odd. Rarely had she seen him in anything other than a suit and cloak. Even when she visited him on school days, he was dressed in he usual suit, sticking to the rules like a pin to fabric. 

"Not you too, Riddle," Y/N sighed. "I don't need two mothers fretting over me." She winked at Riddle and strutted away, pulling out her flute as she did. The other sailors seemed to get the hint and pulled out their own instruments, striking up the band as the percussionist set the beat on a pile of barrels. 

Y/N's mother sighed and took a seat on one of the barrels, pulling out her fan and gently guiding the air toward her perfectly cultivated complexion as she watched her daughter dance with the sailors. 

You would think that all the jumping the young woman was doing would hinder her ability to play her instrument, but after years of practice, Y/N could play the flute in any circumstance. And that included while dancing aboard a galleon on choppy waves, leaping from barrel to crate as her feet seemed to float off the ground. 

Slowly, more sailors started to pull out their instruments, some with violins, others with guitars, and others with drums that kept the time with the beat of the waves on the hull. 

Riddle took a seat next to Y/N's mother and tucked one of his legs up against this chest as he watched his childhood friend dance with the gracefullness of a spirit of the wind. Her boots clicked on the deck, the heels tapping the other as the ball of her foot hit the deck. Her half-skirt spun wildly as she twirled, in perfect sync with her hair that floated on the breeze.