Chapter 21

Y/N smirked to herself as they pushed the doors to the VIP room open. As soon as she entered the lounge, she could smell the wolf and the little monster. It seemed as if they had forgotten about her wonderful heightened senses that could smell them a mile away. They had touched nothing but the floor and yet their scent clung to the air like flies to honey. 

"Now let's see," Azul said, walking over to the vault. 

Y/N noticed him glance under the desk and teleported to the edge that was closest to him. As she sat on the desk, she could hear the boys below shuffling in an attempt to try and hide from her swinging legs. She was having way too much fun with this. She watched half-heartedly as Azul opened the safe, being sure to block the view of the lock from the sneaky sea snakes beneath the desk. Not even Y/N could see, though she already knew the passcode. 

Her ears twitched as she heard the dulcet tones of one of the boys beneath the desk whispering as they saw Azul pull one of the golden contracts from the vault. She silently snickered at their excited tones.

Wanting to have some fun chasing the mice, she picked up one of Azul's pens and fiddled with it. 

"Y/N, what are you doing," Azul asked, turning around to face her. 

He couldn't see the boys from above the desk, but he could see the tip of Jack's tail poking out from one of the corners. Had Y/N not overheard the boy's plot, and had Jack been born a bunny rather than a wolf, the boys might have gotten away with their cunning plan. But Y/N had heard and Jack was a wolf. Besides, Azul would probably have figured it out and foiled their plot anyways. 

"I'm bored~" Y/N moaned, though both were smirking. She lifted Azul's pen and attempted to balance it on her upper lip, though she let it drop before she could get a proper grip on it. 

"Oops," she snickered, kicking her feet back and forth like a child. 

"I thought I told you not to play with my things," Azul scolded. He bent to pick it up, grinning a grin that the Cheshire Cat would have been proud of, but Y/N beat him to it. She jumped off the desk, scooping up the pen with a wave of her pen, and hopped into Azul's chair, slinging her legs over one of the arms.

Azul pretended to sigh in boredom and turned back to the vault. Both Octavinelle students smirked as Azul started to "count" the contracts. 

"That jerk is counting the contracts like money," a voice hissed beneath the desk. It wasn't a quiet voice and the two Octavinelle members bit back a snicker.

"Azul~" Y/N whined, leaning over the other end of the chair. From this angle, there was a slight possibility that she could see the boys cowering beneath the desk, but she kept her eyes averted. Better for the plan if she pretended to be ignorant about their plot. "I wanna go play with Floyd! He promised me another game!"

Azul sighed and shut the vault, carefully locking it, though he took a single contract with him. He whispered so quietly that even Y/N's heightened hearing couldn't pick it up, and placed the contract on the desk.

"Why do you keep challenging him to cards," Azul asked as the two-headed away from the desk. This was an honest question.

Y/N shrugged and held the door open for her boss. "He's the only one who really wants to play with me." She pouted and crossed her arms, "No one else does."

The doors shut behind them and the two smirked when they saw Floyd and Jade waiting for them.

"Think they took the bait," Floyd asked, leaning on the wall next to Y/N and fiddling with a lock of her hair. 

"Of course they did," Y/N scoffed. Her body started to flicker, her head disappearing entirely, and she poked it through the door, sticking close to the shadows as she watched the boys approach the contract. They acted as though it was a mouse that would startle at any moment, and she snickered. Y/N withdrew herself from the room and smirked at the boys standing around her.