Chapter 4: Platform Nine and Three Quarters

"Mum, Dad come on!" Penelope cried as she made her way through the train station, slipping past people charging towards the barrier between platform nine and ten.

"Slow down there Shrimp!" (Y/n) called after her as he and Hermione followed her.

"Come on come on!" Penelope cried, running towards the barrier, but stopping just short of it waiting for them.

"Can I go now? Can I can I?" Penelope asked them impatiently practically jumping up and down.

"Alright shrimp go ahead." (Y/n) said with a smile, as Penelope run full speed towards the barrier between platform nine and ten, disappearing through it as though it were nothing.

"Let's go then 'Mione." (Y/n) grabbing the trolley in one hand, and Hermione's hand in his other and walking through the barrier.

They were immediately hit with a cloud of steam from the large red steam engine of the Hogwarts express.

"Is she here yet?" Penelope asked looking through the thick clouds of steam.

"I'm sure she'll be here soon shrimp." (Y/n) said taking her hand and walking towards the train.

"She didn't forget did she?" She asked still craning her neck around.

"No she definitely didn't forget." (Y/n) told her, as he started to load the trunk onto the train.

"There's my little humdinger!" A dreamy voice called through the steam.

"Auntie Luna!" Penelope cried running towards Luna as she emerged through the steam.

She ran towards her and practically jumped into her arms. "How are you doing? Been watching out for those Nargles?"

"I've missed you Auntie!" Penelope said to her hugging her.

"I've missed you too Penelope." Luna told her setting her back down on the ground. "Are you ready to go to Hogwarts?"

"I can't wait!" Penelope told her, jumping up and down. The sound of a whistle billowed from the engine of the train.

"You'd better get on dear." Hermione said pulling Penelope into a hug.

"Okay mum. I love you." She said, planting a kiss on Hermione's cheek.

"I love you too."

"See ya shrimp." (Y/n) said pulling her into a tight hug. "I love you."

"I love you too dad." Penelope said, before pulling Luna into a hug. "You'll write to me right Auntie?"

"Of course I will Humdinger, I'll be sure to send you loads of letters alright?" Luna replied to her.

And with that Penelope climbed up onto the train, poking her head out of the compartment window. Waving to her parents.

"Be good dear, and studying hard!" Hermione told her.

"And make sure to make loads of trouble alright!" (Y/n) told her.

(Y/n) and Hermione waved hand in hand to Penelope as the train's wheels started to spin, and in one great spurt of steam the train jerked to a start gaining speed as it pulled out of the station.

(Y/n) wiped a tear from his eye, Hermione doing the same before they turned towards Luna.

"How have you been Luna?" (Y/n) asked her as the three of them made their way out of the station and into the sunlight of the car park.

"The same old." Luna said, skipping slightly as they went.

"Any new news? Any new creatures found?" (Y/n) asked her, as Hermione rolled her eyes.