Chapter 13: Wand Making

(Y/n) yawned setting down the diary. He had been reading it for hours now.

He sighed stretching. Hermione still wasn't home yet, although that was normal as she usually got back late.

(Y/n) got to his feet and headed to the kitchen busting himself making tea. It wasn't long however before he was drawn back to the diary. Unable to stop his curiosity he soon found himself reading the diary once more.

***

I saw Dad today, it was the weirdest experience every. I was on by break when I heard a commotion going on near the Shrieking Shack. When I got there I found a younger version of my Dad with a younger version of Ron, along with a girl with brown bushy hair and what looked like a young Draco.

They argued for a bit, threw some snowball and insults at each other before Dad sent a ball of fire towards Draco.

It was such a strange thing to see. I mean I never seen him stand up for someone like that before. For the first time I think I was actually proud to be his daughter.

He did end up lighting a shop on fire though, kinda embarrassing but still.

***

Abbee's been really nice actually I'm surprised. He still hates that I call him that, but he's a lot nicer than he looks.

The crowd we get around here is bit rough though, lots of strange witches and wizards. My first Christmas here wasn't too bad, and the snow is starting to melt now.

My visions in the crystal ball are getting stronger and stronger I think whatever I need to prevent is going to happen soon.

***

It's happening tonight I'm sure of it.

***

That was a thrill! So basically I heading towards the school I had a feeling it was tonight! Once I got there I headed into the forbidden forest, I had seen that is where it took place.

I waited around for a little bit before it happens, my Dad came running out of the trees the bushy haired girl from earlier following him.

Then he did something I never though he would. He threw himself in from the girl to protect her from it.

I watched as he was thrown into a tree slumping down unconscious. I had seen this in my visions.

If I didn't step in the werewolf would tear Dad to shreds before turning to the girl.

Quickly I set a spell towards the werewolf to get its attention before hiding behind a tree. Thankfully the wolf took the bait and ran off into the forest.

I waited for a moment before another figure made its way out of the forest. I felt my heart sink in my chest as I watched Snape emerge from the trees.

At this point I could take it and turned hurrying back towards the pub. I miss Snape and Minnie so much, it hurts knowing that I can't talk to them, they don't know who I am yet, and I don't know if they ever will.

***

It looks like the school year is over everyone seems to be going back home now. I'm really starting to miss home, even though I hated it so much at least I had Minnie and Snape.

I've talked to Abbee about it a bit, not the whole time travel part, but about losing family and being so close to people you care about but not being able to talk with them.

He actually seemed to understand it really well, so I've got that I guess. I haven't had any new visions in the crystal ball yet so I mean I guess that's good at least.

***

I saw them! I actually got to see them and speak to them!

I used the stone Ron gave me. I was just turning it around in my hand absentmindedly when they appear in front of me!

Minnie and Snape! I got to talk them for over an hour, I was so happy. They had leave eventually but they told me if I ever need to see them again all I had to do was turn the stone three times in my hand and they'd appear.

***

(Y/n) stretched once more setting down the diary and getting to his feet. He finished his tea swiftly before heading into the backyard towards the largest tree.

He knocked gently on the bark of the tree and waited for a second before a small door swung open.

"Alright in there Treebeard?" (Y/n) asked smiling at the little bowtruckle.

He chittered happily upon seeing (Y/n).

"How's the wife and kids?" (Y/n) peering in and waving at the three other bowtruckles in the tree. They waved back at him happily.

"Anyway I'm getting back to work if you want to help." Treebeard nodded at this, climbing onto (Y/n)'s arm and up to his head closing the door behind him.

(Y/n) and Treebeard made their way towards the basement of the house, flipping on the light switch as he passed.

The gentle white light illuminated the workshop in the basement, sending light over various pieces of wood, unicorn hair, Phoenix feathers and dragon hearts.

(Y/n) cracked his knuckles, picking up a wand shaped piece of wood, setting Treebeard on the table, and starting to insert a thin piece of thestral hair into it.

Ever since the end of the war (Y/n) had been helping Ollivander with his wands. The Death Eaters had destroyed or stolen much of his stock leaving him with only a handful of still usable wands.

Ollivander had been impressed with the wand that (Y/n) had made for himself, and had taken him under his wing as a sort of apprentice.

Now whenever (Y/n) had a bit of spare time he would create wands for Ollivander to sell, and he had started to make a name for himself in the wand making community, particularly for his use of unique material.

Instead of sticking to the three common cores, unicorn hair, Phoenix feather and dragon heart string, he had expanded to more unique cores; thestral hair, basilisk fang, acromantula venom, werewolf fur, he had even created a wand using a piece of a dementors cloak.

He grinned with satisfaction as he finished the wand, waving it slightly, causing a few pieces of wood to go flying before placing into a dark wooden box, with a velvet lining.

He worked for a few more hours, finishing a couple more wands before moving onto a side project he had been working on.

He picked up a piece of carved dragon bone, one from a dragon he had risen himself. It had been carved to resemble the point of a dragons tail.

"Almost done with this aren't we Treebeard?" (Y/n) said turning the bone around in his finger. "Just need to add the core." He said, pulling out a meticulously carved piece of basilisk fang.

"You ready buddy?" (Y/n) asked Treebeard who nodded, hurrying a hole into the centre of the wand.

(Y/n) waved his wand inserting the piece of basilisk fang into the dragon bone, completing the wand.

He picked it up, feeling an immense power exuding from it. "It's finished!"

"(Y/n) are you down here?" Hermione called from upstairs.

"Yeah one second!" (Y/n) called back up slipping the new wand into his arm.

"How was work today?" (Y/n) asked her as he emerged from the basement, hugging her from behind, planting kisses on her neck.

"Not too bad." Hermione replied leaning back into him. "I'm just glad to be back home with you."

So I'm not sure how long it's going to be until I update this again, I'm not entirely sure where I am going with this story, I think I just need time to figure it out.

In the meantime I'm thinking about starting another Harry Potter reader insert so if I end up deciding to do that it should be out soon, maybe even later today.