Chapter 6: New Leads

"You doing alright mate?" Ron asked (Y/n) as he got into work the next day.

"Eh." (Y/n) said, falling into stride next to him. "Could be better."

"Bad night again?" Ron asked waving at a few people as they past.

"Yeah, just the usual." (Y/n) sighed getting into the grated lift.

"Ah I'm sorry mate." Ron said patting him on the back. "Anyway you've got a meeting with Harry later right?"

"Yeah, yeah we need to go through some reports." (Y/n) told him as the lift jerked into motion. "Draco and I need to finish them up a little bit."

"Sounds boring." Ron said.

"Have you finished that paperwork yet?" (Y/n) asked him, with a chuckle knowing he hadn't.

"Er which paperwork?" Ron said nervously.

"Exactly Ronald." (Y/n) said patting his back. "Danus needs them by lunch."

"Who's Danus?" Ron called to him as (Y/n) exited the lift.

"You know short guy, blondish hair, works in the office of improper use of magic." (Y/n) called back to him.

"You mean Daniel?"

"Yeah Danus that's the one." (Y/n) told him as the lift jerked into motion.

(Y/n) walked in the AVT's department, waving to a few people and giving a quick hello as he walked by.

"Hey (Y/n), got a moment?" Draco asked him, poking his head out of his office door as (Y/n) walked past.

"Yeah what's up Draco?" (Y/n) asked him, entering his office and gently closing the door behind him.

"I've got a new lead." Draco told him, handing him a piece of parchment, which (Y/n) read over quickly. "This could be big (Y/n), we're talking about busting a recruitment event."

"If this is true Draco this could be big for us, I've got a meeting with Harry in a bit, I'll bring it up to him then, but until then I'll get some people working on this." (Y/n) told Draco opening the door and exiting the office.

"Mulich, Pulner, with me." (Y/n) said, motioning to Draco as well, walking into his office.

"What's up boss?" Mulich asked.

"I've got a job for the two of you." (Y/n) said as he wrote an address on a scrap piece of parchment. "I need the two of you to keep an eye on this place, tell me if anything happens alright."

"You got it sir." Pulner said taking the parchment from him. "You can count on us."

"Alright get to it then." (Y/n) told them, as they exited his office.

"What are you thinking (Y/n)?" Draco asked him, as (Y/n) pulled parchment and a quill towards him.

"I'm thinking an undercover operation." (Y/n) said writing quickly. "Hopefully then we can get a better understanding of how they're working."

"You're not serious (Y/n)." Draco said. "We don't know what they have, hell we don't know how many of them there are!"

"Look I'm not asking for any volunteers I know full well the risks, I'll be the one going undercover." (Y/n) told him.

"This is crazy (Y/n)!" Draco told him.

"And when has that stopped me before?" (Y/n) asked him with a smile. "Look it'll only be for a short time, less than a day, just to get an idea of the recruitment process and how they're operating, and then we can bust them all."