Chapter 14: Diagon Alley

"Were you able to finish it?" Hermione asked as (Y/n) climbed back up the stairs, planting a kiss on her check.

"All finished love." He said showing her the wand. "Twelve and three quarters inches long, dragon bone with a basilisk core." He told her excitedly.

Hermione gasped it in her own hand looking it over. "It certainly feels powerful." She said after a while. "Did Ollivander ask you to make it?"

(Y/n) shook his head. "No, I just felt this would made a powerful wand." He pulled out an ivory white box he'd brought up from the basement and placing the wand into it.

"How was your day love?" He asked her, taking the seat next to her.

"Well there was quite a bit of uproar about you're mission." She told me. "Apparently Kingsley wasn't too happy about it. He said he was stupid, and dangerous. But he also said he didn't know what else to expect from you."

(Y/n) grinned at this. "I'm glad he knows."

"And on top of that there was a particularly nasty debate, the house elf legislation I've been trying to push through got blocked again. I swear I don't know how much more it'll take." She shook her head, putting it into her hands.

(Y/n) put a comforting arm around her, rubbing her shoulders gently. "I know you've work hard for this 'Mione." He said gently to her. "I can always go sort them out for you."

"(Y/n) you can't." Hermione replied quickly. "Despite the results you get there are a lot of people who want you gone. They thing you're too radical. Not to mention the number of laws you've broken."

(Y/n) sighed. He knew Hermione was right about this. "Well I can at least make you feel better tonight." I whispered to her.

...

(Y/n) lay in bed, Hermione snuggled up against his bare chest. It seemed like it was going to be another sleepless night.

He signed gently, he wished he could get more sleep, or at least some sleep. Gently he moved away from Hermione, careful not to wake her up, reaching into his bedside cabinet and pulling out a scuffed silver pocket watch.

It had been his mothers, a family heirloom passed down generation to generation, supposedly made by death himself.

And he believed it, although only a few people knew about this, he'd actually met Death before, and their sunken skeleton form would still crop up in his nightmares from time to time.

(Y/n) sighed again, turning the watch around in his hands. He couldn't for the life of him understand how to use this watch, although he wasn't entirely sure what he'd use it for, despite the chaos of his life he really wouldn't change much of it.

He popped open the face of the watch checking the time, to find it was three in the morning. Groaning slightly he placed the watch back into the drawer and snuggled back next to Hermione, feeling her bare skin against his own.

At least both him and Hermione had tomorrow off.

...

"So I was thinking we could visit Diagon Alley to get some shopping done, there's a few books I'd like to check for, and I'm sure you could use some more potion ingredients." Hermione said as she got dressed in the morning.

"Why don't we visit Hogwarts?" (Y/n) suggested, surprising himself slightly.

"Huh... I hadn't thought about that... so you think Penelope would mind?" Hermione wondered aloud. "I know you miss her." She added upon seeing (Y/n).

"I do yeah." Replied (Y/n) as Hermione sat down beside him, placing her arms around his neck, gently brushing his chest.

"I know the two of you are very close." She told him gently. "And I know she misses you."