The Fort Family

"ALPHA," bati ng kan'yang pack members tuwing dumadaan siya.

Binibigyan naman niya sila ng isang ngiti at tango.

It's been five years since his father stepped down as the Alpha and announced him as the new leader. He is now 25 and he could say that he did well in expanding the pack and its land. His kind was back on track. They weren't left behind anymore. Not dead. Not forgotten.

A lot of his pack members found their mates, got mated, and raised children. Right now, he can see a new generation of werewolves.

August Rhantal is more than proud.

He went to the pack house and to his office.

Hindi na siya nagtaka nang makitang nandoon ang kakambal niyang si Akivel at nakahiga sa sofa habang kumakain ng isang puting mansanas mula pa sa Magic World.

"What are you doing here, Aki? Aren't you supposed to be running errands?" striktong tanong niya sa dalaga.

Akivel exasperatedly rolled her eyes. "I'm a fucking vampire, August. Who the hell would choose me as the Beta of a werewolf pack?"

August went to his seat and looked at his twin. "Priux is just 15 and still under training, and while he's preparing himself for the responsibility, you have to fill his shoes."

"Kung gusto niyong matuto siya, dapat pinapagalaw niyo na siya mismo. He's 15, not 5! God. Nakakainis kayo!"

"You're still a Fort, Akivel Renee, and the Forts are werewolves."

"Well, excuse me, brother." Umupo na ang dalaga at dinuro ang kapatid. "As you can see, the blood running through my veins is an Evergreen."

Naiinis na napailing ang Alpha.

"Nevertheless, you need to work. Go, Av. Do your duties as the Beta."

Akivel didn't miss the Alpha tone he used to her. Wala siyang nagawa kundi tumayo.

"Bakit ba kasi ang daming lahi ng pamilya natin!" reklamo pa niya bago umalis.

SAKTONG pag-alis ng dalaga ay nakasalubong niya si Peatrix, ang kakambal ni Priux. Mukhang papunta rin ito sa opisina ng panganay nila.

"What brought you here?" Akivel asked.

"I'm bringing lunch for you, Priux, and kuya August, ate. Saan punta mo?" tanong ng kapatid niya.

The other one sighed. "Beta duties."

Peatrix knows how her ate Akivel hated the responsibility. She always use the excuse of being a vampire but the family knows she was just afraid she'd make a wrong decision and disappoint them. She doesn't like the pressure that comes after the title, Beta.

Pero kahit ganoon, seryoso at buong puso niyang ginagawa ang responsibilidad.

Pea kissed her sister's cheeks and smiled. "Balik ka agad, ate, para makakain ka. You and kuya are always busy. I miss the whole fam together."

Natunaw naman agad ang inis na nararamdaman ni Aki kanina at bahagyang ginulo ang buhok ng nakakabatang kapatid.

"You tell mama and papa. I'm sure they'll come home immediately."

They now live in the pack. Hindi sa pack house kundi sa mismong bahay na pinatayo ng ama nilang si Ashton.

"I don't want to disturb them. They're also busy training Antonette and Dionne."

Her thoughts went to Antonette, her mama Ashley's sister, who was going under extensive training and monitoring because of being a pure Goddess. Maging ang great grandmother niyang si Goddess Althea ay napapababa mula sa langit upang matulungan ang apo.