Chapter 15

I was up the whole evening. I was thinking of things that bother me.

Firstly, I'm thinking of possible reasons that I can spill in case people will start asking me about the fact some of them here are werewolves. Secondly, I can't get over from what happened earlier. From the moment he claimed me as his in front of the pack to the moment he rejected me and almost marked someone who isn't his mate. Thirdly, what will happen now? How am I supposed to interact with him and those people around me?

Naiirita akong umupo. Pagod na pagod ako pero hindi pa rin talaga ako dinadalaw ng antok. O sadyang marami lang bumabagabag sa isipan ko kaya hindi ako makatulog.

I hope mama's here. She would always sleep beside me when my insomnia attacks.

Which reminds me, I kinda miss home, too.

Them. Family. Their home. My home.

Miss ko na kakulitan ni Ley Anne at ang tahimik na si Blake. How are they?

"Tsh. You asked for this so bear the longing, Ashley Renee," bulong ko sa sarili.

Nang mapagtantong hindi talaga ako makatulog ay lumabas ako sa bahay at pumunta sa bakuran kung saan kami nag-ensayo ni Enero noong isang araw. This place is a haven. My haven. Well, at least so far, among all the places I've went to visit here in this town, this one's the safest for me.

It was probably around one AM and there was nothing but the moon and the stars. The moon was in its full graces making the night bright and alive.

I stared at the full moon.

Why did the Gods and Goddesses or maybe the Moon Goddess paired me with a jerk?

"What kind of game is this, moon?" I unconsciously asked her.

I tried to reach out the sky and acted like I want to touch the moon.

The night was comforting. Except the fact that I'm still feeling the pain my mate had inflicted me. Until I noticed I was already crying.

"Why did you give me a big bad Alpha as a mate?" iyak ko. "Pwede ba i-undo mo lahat at bigyan mo ako ng mate na mas matino? 'Yon sanang kaya akong ipagmalaki at mahalin sa kung sino ako."

Stupid, Ashley.

"I ain't weak, but I don't have to do anything to prove myself to them because if they trust and believe in me, they'll not think so lowly of me."

Marahan kong pinunasan ang mga tumulong luha at mapait na ngumiti. Why am I even crying? He isn't worth my tears nor my pain. He's a total jerk. 

"I know you'll be up even this late."

"Damn it!" gulat kong sigaw at lumingon sa direksyon ng bagong dating. "What the heck are you doing here, Blaphe?" inis kong tanong.

Hindi ko napansin ang pagdating niya rito. Kanina pa ba 'to siya?

"Wala pa ring kupas ang galing kong mag-sneak in and out without alarming other people," nakangising aniya at umupo sa tabi ko.

"Anong ginagawa mo rito?"

"Bakit muna gising ka pa?" tanong naman niya pabalik sa akin.

Sasagot pa sana ako nang kan'ya akong inunahan.

"Oh! Let me guess. Your mate is driving you nuts?" mapanuyang aniya. "Full moon ngayon. Sa pagkakaalam ko may ritwal silang ginagawa tuwing kabilugan ng buwan. They... shift? Tama ba? So, ano? Alam na nilang alam mong werewolf sila?"

Inis kong nilayo ang mukha niya sa mukha ko. "Chismoso."

"Ano nga kasi?" nakataas ang kanang kilay niyang tanong.