Chapter 8: Meet the Gang

While walking to the lobby, you found yourself calmer and composed without Yoru's arrogance anywhere around you. 'Seriously! The nerve on that guy... He's just so- so infuriating!' Honestly, you would be quite shocked to see anyone like his company after talking to him yourself. He just seemed to dislike everyone in particular.

Never mind about him though, you had more important matters at hand. What you needed to focus on right now was where your belongings were and which room you'd be sleeping in for today. You've been in this dimension for not more than two days now and somehow, the protocol hasn't even given you a private place to sleep yet. At least Viper's been quite generous to share her room with you.

You timidly walk up to the receptionist, slightly stuttering as you asked her for your belongings. She hesitates, a bit flimsy, it seems like she doesn't know what to do..? You watched as she pressed on a holographic iPad, perhaps sending someone a message.

It's weird how technology has improved in the past few years... You almost forgot how you are now technically in the past, a few years before your timeline. In this world, everyone's no longer that much older than you... Although you don't know how many years back you've traveled, you do know that you're probably no longer that far off from everyone's ages. Take Killjoy as an example. She would have never probably been that giddy to you if she'd known how young you truly are compared to her. You chuckle at the thought, that would be a fun story to tell back home... If you ever do go back at least. 

The receptionist kindly tapped you on your shoulder, gesturing for you to follow one of the robot servants. "Chip will lead you to your room miss" She said with a smile.

"Oh uh... Thank you" You looked over to Chip, bending your knees to his level. "Please, lead the way" You said to the tiny robot. I guess I spoke too soon. The protocol did provide you a room after all.

As you left the lobby, you somehow felt more at ease... For some weird reason, you've been feeling eyes on you lately, other than Killjoy that is. Could it be Cypher? You looked around to see if any of his cameras and trap wires were placed anywhere around you. Weirdly, other than the CCTV cameras, not a sight of his gadgets can be seen anywhere... It's so eerie thinking about it, especially since you've been feeling that way even before you stepped on this dimension...

You shrug the thought away as Chip the robot opened the door to your room. At first, you thought you were going to be placed in your original room but as soon as you passed it, you remembered how ridiculous that would be, surely someone else, someone who is not you, sleeps in that room now...

You go inside the fully white painted walls of your new room... The room is placed opposite your old room. It was like an empty canvas. For once, you can finally decorate your own room to your liking. The interior shall be just how you like it, a splash of y/f/c would definitely make this place feel more at home.

You can see your things beside your bed. Although that isn't the only thing that catches your eye. On the twin bed, lies a tiny holographic phone. One that looks like a mere white metal stick until you turn it on. Was this from the protocol?  You were confused, to say the least... Why would the protocol give you so many things?

As you were about to bid Chip goodbye and thank you for showing you your room, the phone suddenly lights up.

"I heard good things about you Y/n" Brimstone smiles, coming from the holographic message. "I'd like to be the first to welcome you to the VALORANT Protocol. We're pleased to have you with us. Enjoy all the benefits, we hope to act as your family from now on" He said.

So you did pass! Overjoyed to hear the message, you jumped and hugged the friendly robot beside you. "I did it! I did it Chip!" you said in glee.