Chapter 12: TRAITOR!

@Mikari003 on Twitter

Raze aims her gun right to the middle of your forehead. Her expression suggesting aggression more than ever... You look at her eyes wide open as hers pierced right through your skin.

"You fucking traitor!" She said as she curled her lips, her hands slightly shaking anxiously. She didn't want it to come to this... She would have never thought that you and her would ever be in this position. Not since you and Raze were such good friends... She's always looked up to you. How.. How you were always so amiable and how you never complained about any assignment Viper gave to you. No.. You were always happy to help.. Always eager to learn...

'So how could you...' She thought to herself, as flashes of memories filled her brain. She was confused... What made you turn to their side? It just doesn't make sense... Your smile, your laugh, the way you'd act shy around other people, and how you've always opened up to her about not being able to properly make friends. She remembered it all...

"How fucking could you..." She whispered, her voice slightly shaking in sorrow as her eyebrows expressed her distraught. Where was the girl she admired... the girl who couldn't talk to strangers just to ask for directions..

She taunted her pistol on your head as tears trickled down her eyes. "ANSWER ME!"

You were close to breaking down–to dropping everything and pulling her in for a tight hug. As much as you wanted to tell her, your loyalty just couldn't allow you to do it... Your pride, Your promise, and Your contract...

"I..." You managed to utter out. "I can't..." You aim your gun right back at her.

Her eyes widened in shock just before plopping down to the floor in anguish. Her memory-filled thoughts were now just pure darkness, just like how it always is every time she gets shot dead.

You drop your gun to the ground, confused as to what happened... Where did that bullet come from?

Reyna uses her leer ability to blind the enemies as she shouts for aid. Her cheeks are revered as she clenches her jaw in anger at her current teammates.

"¡No mames estupida!" She screams at Neon who seems to be struggling to control her slides under pressure. She slips on a puddle of water and manages to bang her head against the walls around HQ.

"Pre... You're not really helping y'know that right.." she whines, rubbing her injured head as she stands up and runs straight into the action. All the while rolling her eyes at whatever Reyna just said.

Sova throws a shock dart, not minding the narcissism Reyna displays on the battlefield. After all these years of working with her, he's pretty much used to it already. He runs past Sage's slow orbs and was planning to assist Neon until Sage shoots her down as she aims her gun once again and directly shoots Sova down too.

Reyna turns back hearing a gunshot but right before her head turned, a bullet flew straight through her heart, killing her in the process.

"Fucking vampires" Brimstone spat out as he reloads his gun, silently hiding from the view, curling up next to the wall so he won't be seen.

Yoru takes the opportunity to blind Brimstone while he reloads his gun before quickly shooting him in the face. "Old people." he spits out.

Yoru stops for a second to take a breath. He's been fighting off the enemies for as long as he could remember.. "Where the fuck is everyone?"

You pull yourself together. Whoever shot Raze dead must've heard something. You can't let anyone become suspicious of you... You have to find out who it was...

You start to panic, anxiously picking your gun up and immediately running to where you can hear got shots being fired the most, keeping your head up for anyone you pass by on the way. You weren't particularly supposed to fight, you were supposed to transfer data to Viper while the portal's open.

But since you found a minimum amount of data in the last few days, all you can do is hope that what you've learned so far was enough for Sabine. Knowing her, it'll probably never be enough but it's always worth a try. #optimisticpessimist

Suddenly you hear a swish behind you and in comes Omen with a splatter of blood on the wraps of his right hand's fingers, as well as his cloak. He comes closer, slowly walking over to you before briefly looking at you as he wipes the blood off of your face with his other hand. 

"Are you alright..?" He asked. There was just something about him. Omen has always been so menacingly nice to you... But seeing him like this kind of gave you shivers down your spine... For a split second, you could see the psycho in his empty eyes.

"I'm alright..." you answered, uncertain of the current circumstances. Could he have heard raze's ramblings...? He's the only one near you... 

You look up at him in suspicion, your eyebrows slightly furrowing as you tried not to make it obvious that you were questioning him inside your head right now. He couldn't have.. His demeanor toward you hasn't changed at all... 

before you could think about anything else, he grabs your hand, slightly tilting his head to the side in concern before remembering that you and him were currently in a distressing situation, "Come on- The action's too far for us to actually contribute to anything." He quickly said as he pulled your hand in the direction of the battlefield.

Author's note: I'm so sorry if this chapter was short- I honestly still have no idea how to write action scenes T^T but hopefully you enjoyed this chapter <33

I apologize for not updating sooner- I've currently been drowning in homework but no worries- Tomorrow's the start of my vacay~ i probably won't do much other than write so I gotchu babes <3