Chapter 23: She fell first

Jett still remembers the very first time she first met him. Light tipped matted hair, dark and soft chocolate skin... He was just so... yeppeuda... The way he filled the room with charisma and light-hearted fun... It absolutely stunned her. She's never once seen anyone as funny and stupidly witty as he was. The fact that he was a flirt didn't help either- She loved to banter with him. Mock his bri-ish accent–It was fun teasing him because he always ended up teasing her back...

It was when she first entered the protocol that she first saw him. Back then Jett was considered pretty shy–she was one awkwardly silent teen when she first entered, always seeming to want to talk to people but never actually having the guts to make conversation.

That all changed when he joined the protocol though... Agent Phoenix. He'd sometimes randomly just slide next to her to make pointless conversation, always making sure she was involved in activities or topics that the rest of the agents were participating in. He was always looking over his shoulders to see if she was okay- And that- That was exactly why her heart felt the need to beat 3x faster when he was around.

At times when she felt like she didn't have an opening in a conversation between other agents, Grant always found a way to include her by asking her questions that were either related to the topic at hand or changing the whole topic altogether. It was endearing enough that she found herself staring at the ceiling after a long day and just.. Thinking about him. His gestures, his compliments... Sometimes she wonders whether or not he likes her too or if he's just like that to everyone... 

She tried to hide it- though it seems most notice her nervousness around him, he never specifically seemed to notice. Which is good- She didn't even know how to act around him- A confession never actually crossed her mind... Only God knows how in the world she was able to keep Phoenix from finding out how she felt about him.

"Ey! It's my favorite partner!" Phoenix says in a distinguished British accent, coming over to Jett with a big smile on his face as he places an arm on her shoulders.

Jett chuckles, looking up at him whilst tilting her head to the side. "I'm your ONLY partner Grant" She mentions with an eyebrow up, feeling the heavy weight of his arm on her.

"Then you're my favorite girl?" He smirked before spotting Omen a few meters away from them, deciding between a pair of croissants or just plain old bread on his hands. "Hey- MY MANNNN" He shouted earning a small sigh from the already distressed Omen, leaving Jett alone. Bewildered, and very much flushed in red.

Before Phoenix could get any closer, Omen raises a hand in between them, not wanting to be too close to the very physical British boy of sunshine.

"What you up to bruv?" He asked as he stood in front of Omen.

Omen raises an eyebrow, peeking behind Phoenix to see an embarrassed Jett scurrying away with an evident blush on her face, before looking back at the chad in front of him.

"What did you and Jett talk about?" He asked him, what could this oblivious boy have said to make Jett leave that way?

"Oh- Well I only got the chance to greet her really.." Phoenix said, tilting his head to the side, a bit confused as to why Omen was asking about her.

"Uh huh... Right..." He took a bite of the almond croissant in his hand, his eyes reflecting a tint of innocence, looking straight at Phoenix.

"You know she likes you right?"

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"F-Fade" You stutter, immediately sitting straight up, your hands on Yoru's shoulders as you tried to explain yourself to the Agent you have yet to conversate with much. "We- Uhm- We were-" You tried to think of as many decent excuses as you could–and to no one's surprise, there was most definitely none.

Yoru rolls his eyes, sitting back before he looked at Fade, bitterly glaring at her. "What are you doing here punk?" He said with an evident scowl on his face.

Fade laughs at the sight of both of you. "Oh- Özür dilerim- Did I interrupt something?" She grinned, unable to contain her amusement.

"It's none of your business." Yoru spits out, still visibly upset, crossing his arms to express his dissatisfaction.

She throws her hands in front of her, tilting her head slightly as her eyebrows raised up " My bad- It seems I'll have to unpack later then... I'll let you guys continue your... escapade." She said, picking her bags up to leave.

"Fade- Wait- Seriously we weren't.. Doing anything-" You blurt out before she left as you nervously scratched your neck.

"Yeah right- You were doing each other- I get it" She chuckled as she nodded her head. "I'll come back in 5 minutes, I think that's more than enough for Yoru right?" She laughed again before quickly leaving, not wanting to deal with the consequences of her jokes.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY-?!" Yoru screamed, almost running to fight her but looked back with your hand on his wrist.

His expression softened almost immediately. Sighing as he went over to give you a kiss on your forehead before giving you a hand. "Let's go unpack.." He smiled as you took his hand.

"I'm yours now... So remember that if you need any help.. I'm here." He mumbled under his breath, slightly finding it weird for him to say such.. Corny and cheesy things..

He looked away to hide his embarrassment, firmly holding your hand.

That was loud and clear, right? You're... The both of you are official now- He's your boyfriend..? Ew why does that sound weird- How did all your hatred for this guy just disappear?? There are just so many things that could go wrong in this relationship... What if Sabine finds out..? What if you get ordered to kill him- There are a thousand reasons why you shouldn't- Yet here you are. Not wanting to let go..

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: :) You guys may have noticed that I added a secondary couple in here-

btw- I'm sorry for adding Arabic in Fade's lines- I genuinely didn't realize she spoke Turkish- I've fixed it now though, please do tell if you find mistakes in the book ^^ I'll be happy to fix emm

I hope you guys enjoyed this one- It's currently 3am and I'm gonna pass out now BUT THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT AS ALWAYS, I LOVE YOU GUYS MWUAHHHHHHHH <3333333 TAKE MY LOVE