Chapter 26: Word Of The Mouth

Pearl was a total failure! Well for you at least- Everything was just too messy... You were far too distracted with Yoru that you forgot to actually send all the details and plans to Sabine–and when you finally did send the information, it was far too late.. You swore she sent you a look when you passed by her- Even through that mask, that scowl on her face still scares you to your very core. 

You shiver in thought of Sabine's expression, when suddenly you felt a tap on your shoulder. As soon as you turned around, you were immediately tugged into a big hug... Killjoy embraced you, wrapping her arms around you while squinting her eyes as Reyna chuckled behind her, her arms closed and more distant. 

"I missed you so much!!" She said, pulling away and observing your face with a bright smile on hers while Reyna leaned against a wall, calm, but seemingly in a good mood. Hm- That's different

"Hey Y/n" Reyna nodded, giving you a slight smirk. She looked almost.. Proud of you? You smiled back, Reyna hasn't smiled at you in years- YEARS- Guess you just got on her bad side when you accidentally spilled coffee on her... It's definitely a good idea not to piss her off-

"H-hey!" You stuttered, finding it a bit odd for Reyna to be so friendly... 

She chuckled in response, sensing fragility in your voice. "Don't worry Mija... I won't bite." She said before giving you a rough pat on your head. What is happening... 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You spent a few hours hanging out with Killjoy, you were constantly on the lookout for Neon and Jett but for some reason... You just can't find them anywhere? You asked Kj but she didn't seem to know where they were either. Reyna left before you were able to raise the question... Where in the world are those two??

"See- My nanobots are perfectly safe. It's never hurt anyone on our team before... Well- maybe just a few... parts.. of our team- but anyways--"She continued to blabber on about her work while walking with you. To be honest, the both of you had no sense of direction, nor do both of you have a goal- You guys are just walking around and talking to each other. 

You walked pass Yoru's room... "Right... I forgot about that.. "You mumbled as Killjoy look at you in curiosity. 

"Huh? About wha-" She turned around to see Yoru's room and remembered how she heard from Fade that. She gasped a silent "Ah- So... The two of you..." She coughed, raising her eyebrows while giving you an upside down smile. 

She enjoyed a bit of gossip.. and with a campus full of trained agents, there is surprisingly a lot- She's quite talkative herself too so- Killjoy knows just bout everything- Well- almost anyways- Gossip can be misleading sometimes..

You chuckled at the face she made. "Well- Sort of?" You replied "He's so moody though... I don't know why he's like that... I think he's mad at me-" You muttered. 

You should probably go talk to him right? It's probably just a misunderstanding... It's not like he'd get mad at you without a reason... You pondered while walking into the kitchen with Killjoy, taking an iced tea out of the fridge before sitting down right next to her.

She popped open a can while talking to you. Y'know just some girl to girl talk- 

"Well to be fair, He's always like that.." Killjoy said pulling your arm closer in hers. "I remember him and Skye having a thing- He was always pretty jealous when it came to other men.." 

Wait?? Him and Skye had something going..? You were quite unaware of that information- you heard they were best friends but.. never anything further than that..?

"No yeah- I remember when Skye told me all about it- Apparently him and her... y'know-" she immediately covered her mouth, gasping as she realized what she said. "Don't tell her I told you- She told me not to tell ANYONE" 

You nodded, unsure of what to do with that information.. It sort of messed with your head a little bit- How come you never thought he would have done it before you and him ever even happened-??? 

Speaking of the devil, Skye walked in, looking a bit defeated. You waved at her but she continued not to respond back... It makes a bit of sense now.. Why she refused to talk to you all this time.. Is it possible she still has feeling for him..? 

"Hey Skye- Can I talk to you for a bit-" You said, unconsciously grabbing her arm. 

She looked back at you with a scowl on her face. "What?" she sighed.

Killjoy looked at the both of you, taking her drink and slowly walking away.. She had an idea how much of a mess she accidentally created by just blabbering her mouth and was NOT ready to face the consequences.

"It's about Yoru..." You mumbled, slowly letting go of her. "Uhm.. I just heard a few-" 

You were cut off before you even finished your sentence. "Heard what?" She smirked, tilting her head a little to the side. "Rumors?" With every word she stepped closer.. That bright golden retriever aura suddenly lost. 

She looked almost as if... She was taunting you.. and worse of all- She looked as if she enjoyed every second of it- "You should probably check on him right now... He should be asleep. He was probably exhausted with the things we just did..." She said, smirking, her finger pointed at your chest before turning away and leaving.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

MUWAHAHAHAHHA- Ya'll really thought schoolwork could confine me?!?!? WRONG- I'm back with more drama and I'm ready to make this as chaotic as possible- >:)

I apologize for disappearing- now gimme a welcome back kiss :')