An Invitation To A Spar

You could have been...so much more.
--------------------------------------------------
<Y/N's Point of View>
--------------------------------------------------

I've set this whole place up to my style but just as I expected it's still spacious like always. I am glad that the slime the yordle sold me was strong enough to glue for the wall-hook I made. I strapped the claws along with the kusarigama around the spear before covering it back and finally hanging it to the wall and the glue held making me smile.

I placed Stein's dagger back on the vest before carefully placing it inside the closet. These girls worked their butt off to get such privilege, now I feel a little guilty. Now that all that is done I should also place my clothes back.

5 more minutes and done, I was just about to hide my sword below the bed but a knock intervened. So I placed the sword on top of the bed and covered it with some blankets before going to the door when I felt like it was serious by the way the knock came. I opened it and looked at Akali who seems to be smiling at something. Hooh, a sickle and a kunai. Now that's a decent weapon.

"How can I help you Miss Akali?" I asked with the tone I used on Ahri and sure enough, she got looked at me with a hint of disgust. What the hell was wrong with my tone?

"Ugh just drop the formalities. I have a favor I wanted to ask you," Akali said so I sighed and nodded.

"Let's have a spar!" Akali said confidently with a smile and raised her sickle to my chin. I had to raise my head a little just to avoid the tip from puncturing my skin, a spar sounds good but I decided not to. It's not that I'm belittling her but more like I don't want to do something that might get me kicked out after I just finished fixing everything.

"Sorry but no," I replied making her flinch when I was about to close the door.

"Oh come on! Just for today and Ahri went to bed anyway," Akali said making me raise my left eyebrow on how did she know that.

"Dude," Akali said and pointed at the door in front of her room. We both went quiet and I heard a faint sound someone was snoring making me chuckle, seems like Ahri's a heavy sleeper with a snore like that.

"I haven't recovered, I'm sorry Miss Akali but I have no intention of being a sparring partner anyway," I said, the last phrase I said made me smile when it took me back to the past again. I could hear Yumashe complaining to Valdimar about it and whenever Valdimar ignored him he'd come to me.

Akali groaned and finally lowered her miniature scythe. I thought she'd given up when she turned around but I noticed her left foot was still facing me. I smiled and just as expected she quickly tried to slash her sickle upwards as she turned to face me. She was cunning sure but she's a little too slow when I was able to stop it by using my left forearm to intercept with her the sickle's handle. As much as I wanted to get sliced I didn't want to do it in such a nice place, if I die, I'd rather die where the bare soil could drink my blood.

I whistled when my shirt was close to being ripped apart but Akali just flinched. She was about to pull her weapon down and attack me again with an overhead strike through her kunai but again, slow.

I just stopped everything by catching her wrists. I could grip it tightly for her hand to let it go but let's not cause too much commotion on our first day.

"Akali what are you doing?" I heard Kai'sa ask, judging by her voice it seems like she was still on the sofa. I also looked at Akali's position and mmmh, must have been awkward with the way her arms looked like. Kai'sa couldn't see the weapons purely because they already crossed the door frame.

"Oh nothing much, Y/N just asked me to hold this," Akali replied and grinned as she looked at me. I chuckled when her reply was somehow able to put me in the blame.