𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐫

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐌𝐀𝐘 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓 door, she looked ready to commit a felony

"Tony Stark," she said, so obviously unamused that Charlie winced through her nano-mask. "I don't make house calls."

Yikes. Charlie glanced at her Dad, more than ready to turn back to Happy's car parked outside.

Tony had a half-smile on his face as he raised his voice a little over the loud apartment complex, "Of course you don't. I'm not here for you, though. I'm here for a certain teenager-"

A child screamed from down the hallway and Charlie gave it a slightly disgusted look. No one else batted an eye, though, and Tony muttered a fond little "New York," under his breath.

"Is something wrong with your daughter?" May asked, even more serious now.

"Several things," Tony snorted. Charlie's jaw dropped and she made an indignant noise. "But they're beyond help now. No, I'm here for one of your kids."

May's eyes flickered towards Charlie, whose face was hidden in the disguise. "You brought your assistant to... come for one of my kids?"

Tony opened his mouth, then made a face. "Yeah, I see how that looks a bit... wrong-"

"Oh, you do?" May said dryly.

"Let me- just- backtrack-"

"Ms. Parker," Charlie interrupted, with the air of someone who wanted to kill themselves, "Can we come in?"

May studied her nano-masked face, then Tony's, reasonably wary. "Alright. I hope you're hungry, I made a walnut loaf."

The walnut loaf was fucking awful.

A tiny noise of a gag escaped her mouth before she could help it. She quickly glanced at Tony, who was wearing an Oscar-level poker face.

Luckily, May hadn't seen the reaction. She walked in from the kitchen a moment later, holding a mug of tea that she held delicately as she sat down on the sofa.

"So," She said, legs crossed as she stared at Charlie and Tony. "What do you want with my kids?"

"Well, Miss Parker," Tony leaned back in his chair. "Your nephew applied for a grant in February from Stark Industries."

May frowned, eyes narrowing. "He didn't tell me that."

"He's quite... gifted," Tony went on. His hands were relaxed in his lap, and Charlie was desperately trying to look the same. "I like to keep tabs on the kids that apply. Peter showed incredible potential. He's a smart kid, isn't he?"

"He's as smart as they come," May agreed, looking proud- although a bit confused. "Both he and his sister are brilliant. Although, I am surprised he applied without Penny. They never do anything without each other."