𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐛𝐢

𝐔𝐏𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐎𝐒

Charlie followed the noise of gunshots and smashing objects, shouts and screams, up the staircase and through the flashing alarms, gauntlet outstretched.

The pesky front strands of her hair were too short to fit in her ponytail, so they stayed tucked behind her ears.

She felt like some sort of action movie as she sprinted past empty meeting rooms, clearing hallways, arms pumping and heart racing-

A man was suddenly flung into a wall, right in front of her.

Charlie shrieked and stumbled to a stop. The man in front of her was laying on the ground, completely knocked out- and judging by the purple bruises on his neck, he'd been choked by something- or someone- remarkably strong.

Someone with a metal arm.

The Winter Soldier was somewhere around this corner, and all Charlie had to defend herself and her family was a single gauntlet.

Ah, well. She'd fought him before with less.

She rounded the corner towards the brightly lit cafeteria.

Where... Tony was charging at the Winter Soldier, dressed in his three-piece suit?

"Dad!" Charlie shrieked, watching as he fired at Bucky with a stun-burst from his gauntlet. Bucky- who hadn't been looking at him- whirled around, hair hanging in his face, and snarled.

Where was Becca? She was supposed to be stopping him!

And where the hell was Steve?!

Tony rushed him again, firing even as Bucky dodged the blast easily. Charlie watched in horror as Bucky raised a gun to her Dad's forehead, whose eyes were wide and panicked.

"DAD!" She screamed again, running forward.

There was the undeniable bang of a gun going off, and Charlie froze where she was.

No.

She closed her eyes, gasping.

Panic made her heart beat so hard that she could practically feel it moving below her shirt.

She couldn't look. She couldn't open her eyes.

Because if she opened her eyes, she was going to see her father's brains splatted across the room, and she... she couldn't handle that. Nope.

But there was a small gasp of awe and relief, and Charlie knew that voice.

She opened her eyes and saw Tony gripping the head of the gun pointed at his forehead, his gauntlet covering the barrel.

Tony had caught the bullet.

"Oh my God," Charlie said weakly. She gripped a table next to her, relief crashing down so hard that her knees had gone weak.