𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬

"𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

"𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓."

Charlie stared at the picture in her hands, her fingers curling over the edges.

A grainy photo in a parking garage. Bucky Barnes face fully exposed, underneath a hood and a hat- in Vienna, with a time stamp that didn't make any sense.

But it was Becca in the photo that she really didn't understand.

"Something's not right," Charlie repeated, running a hand over her face.

Tony sighed. "You're not even supposed to be looking at that."

"Dad, seriously," Charlie thrust the picture at him, standing up. "It doesn't make any sense. Look at her hair."

Tony groaned. He glared out of the glass walls of the room, across the bunker, where Charlie could see the form of her Pops. "Charlie..."

"It's her hair," Charlie insisted. She jab her finger at the photograph. "Look. It's way shorter now than it is in this picture. You think she blew up the convention, somehow got back to Bucharest, and then... what, just cut her hair?"

"I don't think anything," Tony groaned.

Charlie growled and flopped back into her chair, staring at the photo intently.

"He's being questioned right now."

Charlie looked up, seeing the strange expression on Tony's face and following his gaze to the screen with the live feed of Bucky's cell. Sure enough, a man Charlie didn't recognize had entered the room, sitting at a table far away from him.

Charlie looked back at her Dad. He looked like he was in pain.

"Dad," she said softly.

Tony's head snapped back to her. "What?"

"Are you okay?"

Tony ran a quick hand over his face, lacing his fingers together in his lap. "Always. You don't need to be worrying about this, kiddo."

"Bruh," Charlie groaned, throwing her head back. "It's my fucking family, Dad, how am I supposed just 'not worry about it'?"

"You've got a swearing problem, oh child of mine."

"Yeah?" Charlie shot back. "Looks at the environment you raised me in, father of mine."

Tony snorted.

Charlie gently smoothed down the gingham dress on Becca's doll for a moment.

"What's gonna happen to us?" she asked, voice quiet.

"What do you mean?"

"Us," Charlie waved her hand, gesturing towards Steve across the bunker. "Pops. You. Me. Bucky and Becca."