Chapter 6

(Flashback before the wedding )

(Two weeks ago)

Taehyung's POV

This is my verdict day. I didn't sleep for the past two nights wondering what Jungkook would decide. Now I regret giving him two days to decide. I just wish he puts me out of misery soon by answering my proposal and praying his answer is favorable to me. 

Today is a very busy day, four meetings since morning, and all the while I had Jungkook by my side but he didn't even show a hint of acceptance or rejection to my proposal. He behaved so normally and was very professional. Is he really giving serious thought to my marriage proposal?

I hear a sharp knock on my cabin's door. 

"Come in," I called. And here comes Jungkook as fresh as Rosie. he is one of natural beauty. Simple, elegant, and ethereal.

"Yes, Mr. Jeon '' I expect him to talk about his decision as it's almost close to his deadline but he forwards a file in front of me.

"I need your sign, Mr. Kim," he says in his soft voice. 

"Keep it here. I will check and sign later" I said in my usual business tone. He nods and places it in front of my table. Then he turns to walk back to his seat but I stop him.

"Mr. Jeon..."

"Yes, Mr. Kim" he gives his undivided attention to me. 

"Have you given any serious thought to what I had said on new year's eve?" I ask softly not wanting to show my desperation.

"Yes, I have" he whispers back. 

"Well?" I ask. 

"Can we go somewhere private?" he asks hesitantly. Oh! That's fine by me. In fact, I thought of suggesting to him that.

"Sure. Shall we discuss this in my penthouse?" 

"Hmm... okay" he trusts me enough to come with me to my penthouse to discuss our future. I like it. 

"Come" I open the door for him to walk first and then I lead him to the elevator which takes us to my penthouse. 

"Wine or water?" I ask as he takes a seat on the living room couch. 

"Water, please" he sounds nervous. I nodded and went into my kitchen to pour some water for him and white wine for me. 

"You don't have servants or maids to do all this for you?" he asks when I hand him a glass of water. 

"Well, I do. Han is my caretaker. But I do have two long legs and hands to do some simple jobs. So why trouble him?" I told him with a gentle laugh.

"Relax Mr. Jeon, I am not any vampire or werewolf to gobble you" I tease him. He smiles a little.

"So?" I ask because I am losing my patience.

"I can't understand the things happening around me..."

"What do you mean?"

"Your sudden love proposal, marriage talks... I can't believe I am sitting in front of my employer..."