Chapter 12

Jungkook's POV

I stir and instinctively my hand reaches to the side of my bed but it's cold and empty.

Where is Taehyung? I wonder and scan the room opening my sleepy eyes.

I went out of the bedroom and headed straight to his study. There he is working in the wee hours. Will this man ever sleep?

Suddenly he looks up dragging his eyes off the computer screen to me.

He blinks his eyes twice in surprise obviously wondering whether I am really standing or just he is hallucinating?

"Hi," I say meekly.

"You should be sleeping!"

"So you should be" I retort boldly. He sighs and smiles.

"I can function with much less sleep, Jungkook," he states.

"Come to bed. You need rest too" I didn't realize I am commanding him. Surprisingly he obliges. He shuts down his system and walks out of his study with me.

"Do you want something to drink? Tea, coffee, or water" I ask, initiating a conversation.

"Um... I would just like to hit the bed but I am willing to give company if you want to drink tea, coffee, or whatever" he says softly, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. I guess he is tired.

"I would like a cup of tea"

"Sure," he says and leads me to the kitchen. 

"I will make tea for us," I say, stopping him when he sets the teapot on the stove.

"Okay," he nods and leaves me space as he takes a seat on the barstool watching every move of mine intently.

"I am sorry, Taehyung" finally I pulled the nerve to apologize to him.

"For what?" He asks puzzled. 

"For everything"

"Everything?" He frowns. Still, he didn't get it? 

"For fighting with you" I spell out loud.

"Fight? Oh, God! Jungkook, I didn't realize we fought as you put it. I thought we were just communicating and getting to know each other. You said what you wanted and I said what I preferred. That's it. No need to apologize"

"Oh! So you are not mad at me?" I ask meeting his eyes. I want to see whether he is telling me the truth.

"No! I am really not mad at you" he says sincerely and smiles assuring me.

"But I agreed you were arrogant, a control freak, and even said you were a work maniac... I am sorry... I didn't mean to hurt you... I just blurted out..." 

"You didn't mean to hurt me but you meant what you said?" He asks. I nod.

"You know you are one honest man," he says in awe. 

"But I am really sorry for hurting you" I whisper looking at the boiling teapot.

"Oh please! Stop apologizing. You didn't wound me. You just stated the fact. Though it's not something so pleasant and romantic to hear from one's wife that too on the second day of their marriage" he says grinning.