chapter 5

Danny, Sam, and Tucker were in Sam's home theatre talking. Sam got the courage to tell Danny what Tucker and her did yesterday.

"So...Danny...yesterday me and Tuck kind of followed you a little after school..."

"What?!"

"Sorry Danny, but I was worried"

"Sam, things were fine. Ember was telling the truth and it turns out Johnny and Kitty were stirring up some trouble. You did not need to follow!"

"Well, then I see how it is now you hang out with Ember, Johnny and Kitty one time and you start to lie to us! What did they do to you? We are supposed to be your best friends, Danny! You are supposed to tell us the truth!"

"I don't have to tell you everything, but yes, I did go to hang out with them, but they didn't do anything to me. Ember heard me singing one night and she talked to me about it and now they want me in their talent show. Is that what you wanted to hear?"

"Since when do you sing? You never told us that, but your new besties know about it"

"They are not my 'besties' and you don't have to get so upset about it. I honestly didn't want anyone to know that I can, but Ember heard me and found out and do I really have to tell you everything I do, every detail that happens?"

"Again, I thought we were best friends and we would be able to tell each other everything."

"well, sorry that I don't tell you 100% of intimate details of my life!"

"I feel like you are still hiding something else. Something they know and we don't."

"Sam, I am not fighting this anymore, I am going home. Don't follow me this time "

"Danny, I don't care what it is, we just want honesty, so what are you hiding?"

"It's not important Sam"

"Yes, it is"

"No, it is not"

"Yes"

"No"

"Danny"

"I am done, I think I'll be leaving, bye Samantha"

Sam paused Did he really just call me Samantha? Sam let a tear roll down her cheek

"Bye Daniel" she shut the door sending Tuck out the door as well. She crawled into bed thinking about what just happened and what it will mean for their friendship. What is he hiding that he won't even talk about it to us, but will talk to his enemies about?