Ch 9: When Machines Attack

Karen POV

--------------

Walking into the spin class I was feeling a little bummed I wasn't doing yoga. If the gals in this class are any indication of the beautiful creatures that would have been in yoga I would have been in heaven! Downward dog, caterpillar, plough, cobra-all great poses to get a view of the goods.

But now I'll have to settle for this spin class, I'll sit in the back so I can scope out who has the best butt and that person will be my target!! I hope Sang can pull it off, she's beautiful and any guy would be crazy not to ask her out, but I feel like she's so quiet sometimes she won't be able to flaunt it when it counts.

I grab a spot in the back smack dab in the middle. I have a pretty good view and can see all the other girls entering and a couple guys. Okay lets see... the red head? No not her, too skinny. The brunette with the ponytail? Hmmm she has a nice butt--I can't see her face though. Wait. Scratch that. Tammy was a brunette I don't want to be out on a date thinking about my ex the entire time! Ohhh!! the tall blonde, she's hot. Long legs dressed in tight gray spandex. Long blonde hair that goes down to her waist and beautiful green eyes. She walking towards me and takes the spot next to mine. She begins to put her hair in a ponytail and I can't help but stare at how she arches her back and tilts her neck up to gather all her hair to put it up.

She catches me staring and gives me a knowing smile. I turn back to the front of the class embarrassed and start counting the seconds until the instructor gets here. It is so strange that I would have that reaction! I never get embarrassed, I wonder what is wrong with me today.

The instructor comes in and begins with directions for first timers. I'm glad because I've never done this before and I don't want to look like a fool in front of Hot Blondie next to me. I slip my feet into the pedals and lock them like the instructor told us to do and start to follow along with the warm up.

After about 15 minutes my embarrassment has passed and I work up the courage to glance at Blondie. I give her a flirty look and she smiles back. Score one for Karen! This is going to be easy now that my heads back in the game.

The spinning is not too bad, I know for sure by the end of this session I will have jello legs, but it's worth it if I can get a date out of it. The instructor begins a new move where we have to stand and continue pedaling then sit back down. I do a couple before I realize this is the perfect opportunity to check out Hot Blonde's butt! I skip a round and stay seated while everyone else stands up.

I turn my head and lean slightly back....perfect view! I don't get much time to enjoy my view because the instructor calls me out.

"Hey! Back middle you're not following a long!! Get those legs pumping!"

To make up for my lack of movement I start pedaling really fast acting like I'm some sort of pro. Oh how wrong I am and oh what a fool I became. When the instructor tells us to do another repetition of up-downs I overcompensate on the lift, practically flying over the front of the bike. The movement was so strong I would have flown over and landed on the back of the girl in front of me. That would have been better compared to what actually happened.

Remember the locking pedals? Yup! When I flew over the rails from standing too hard my locked feet snapped me right back like a boomerang. I get violently jerked down into the base of the bike. It greets half my inner thigh and my lady bits with a bang. My body doubles over in pain and my legs continue pedaling as if they are possessed by a demonic exercise fanatic. Out of control of my own body and still hunched over while pedaling my knee repeatedly rams into my face for a good 12 seconds until I can slow down and get a grip on my body.

I look up at the mirror at the front of the class and can already see my face swelling, it's going to be a bruise. Not even going to think about what lies beneath my leggings-most likely a bruise the size of Texas will appear on my thigh by the end of the day. The damage to my lady bits? To be determined.

I continue on as if nothing ever happened even though I'm reminded every few seconds when other people glance my way and snicker.

The class finally ends and I unlock my feet from the pedals then peel myself off the bike. I'm not sure what's worse when getting off the bike- the jarring pain emanating from the injuries I received earlier or the fact that I can't feel my legs from the workout. I don't even know if my feet are touching the ground that's how numb and jelly like my legs feel.

Hot Blonde notices my struggles and helps me walk out of the class, when she goes to leave she asks me if it was my first class.

"You think?", I say with a chuckle.

"I'm Gianna by the way. I'm glad you kept with it even after that little incident."

"That's me! Never give up! My name is Karen, so do you want to grab some coffee or something?" I decide to just go for it and it pays off!

"How about lunch tomorrow? Here's my number", she slips me a piece of paper and I smile as she walks away.

Mission accomplished!!

I spot Sang across the hallway by the drinking fountain. When she sees me her eyes widen in shock.

"Karen!! What happened to you? You're all banged up and your hair is a mess. Was the spin class really that hard?"

"Oh it was hard Sang, it was hard. Long story short- I was attacked by the machine".

"Well my story...an atomic wedgie made me trip on the treadmill and face plant. Then I spit water all over the guy who helps me, but he still asked me out, how'd you do?"

"The fiery burn in my butt and the bruises on my hoo haw were so worth it", I tell Sang as I pull out a slip of paper with Hot Blonde's number on it. She smiles and we head out to the car to shower and get ready for the club tonight.

Lesson learned- spin class and lesbians don't mix. Yoga is far less dangerous.