Ch 10: In da Club

"Here Sang wear this tonight", Karen say as she places a plastic tiara with fake gems, the number 21 and pink feathers on my head.

"Uhhh...what's this?  And why do I have to wear it?"

She starts singing or rapping?  I can't really tell, but she's doing some sort of dance to it, "Go, go, go, go, go shawty.  It's your birthday.  We gon' party like it's yo birthday..."  She pauses and gestures with her hand for me to continue with the next line, but I have no clue what song this is so I just speak what's on my mind.

"It's not my birthday."

"Arrrghhh!!  Sang, you skipped a few lines before we get to that part, but close enough!  You are wearing that so it's easier to play truth or dare tonight okay, deal?  Yes?  Good!"

Karen doesn't even give me a chance to protest, but I question her anyway, "Why would this tiara make it easier?"

"Because Sang, people will do dares with birthday girls—-they are less likely to do a dare with some random stranger!!  No matter how pretty you are Sang you are not that good!"

Karen was right being the 'Birthday Girl" had many perks.  When we got to the club later that night, we were ushered passed the long line and straight into the club a female bartender even gave us free shots!  I think that last one had more to do with Karen flirting with her, then my tiara/fake birthday status.

We stayed by the bar scoping out our first victims.  Karen pulls the list of dares out of her pocket and starts reading them off, "Okay we got body shots, dance with two strangers, get a guy to give you their underwear, kiss the bartender, kiss someone random while blindfolded and rub noses with someone random."

"Okay, which one first?"

"Let's do kiss someone random while blind folded."  Karen pulls out a scarf and starts to tie it around my eyes.  She then leads me over to where I assume my stranger is.  I hear Karen call out over the music, "Hey, what's your name?"

"Gabriel.  What's with the girl?  You kidnap her?"

"No.  This is Sang, it's her birthday and she has to do a dare!!"

"Oh cool, this is my friend Luke."

I hear this and then feel a hand grab mine and shake it.  I say hello to both of them.  Then Karen leaves me to finish my dare and watch from the bar.  I turn towards the strangers voices and put my hand one of their arms—I'm not sure which.

"Umm, you don't have to if you don't want to, but my dare is to kiss a random stranger.  Do you mind if I kiss you?"

Luke speaks up, "I'll do it!!"

"Motherfucker!  She asked me not you, give me those pretty lips."

"How can you tell she's standing in between both of us and she's blindfolded?"