001

Am I allowed to look at her like that...?

It was only a normal day in 7th grade. Kristy, Maryanne, and Y/N were walking back to our houses from school. Kristy was
doing all the talking ( as usual), while Maryanne and Y/N just listened.

"It was BOILING in there, like, surface of Venus hot, and he just kept droning on and on about the genius of Thomas Jefferson and how all men are created equal," Kristy complained.

"This is Mr. Redmont? " asked Maryanne.

"Yeah, so finally I stood up and I was like, "If he was such a genius, why didn't he say all people?" Kristy exclaimed.

"Nice," Maryanne and Y/N said at the same time. Y/N smiled at her as she smiled back.

"Except apparently, I raised my voice, and I didn't raise my hand." Kristy muttered, "Did he give you detention?" Maryanne asked.

"Essay, on the importance of decorum."

"What does that mean?" Y/N questioned Kristy.

"Like, not talking unless you're called on, being polite and invisible," Kristy grumbled, "Meanwhile, the boys are in the bathroom sticking Kleenex down their pants and wiping sweat on each other, but somehow I'm the disruptive one," Kristy rambled on.

"How do you know that?" Y/N mumbled, more to herself than anyone, "That doesn't matter," Kristy Dismissed.

"Uhm, okay," Y/N excused.

"Do you think he'll call your mom?" Maryanne asked in a worried tone as we stopped walking. "I don't want anything to mess up our sleepover tomorrow night," Maryanne in a worried tone.

"I've almost convinced my dad..." Y/N zoned out their conversation.

"Oh Y/N I almost forgot to ask, are you coming over today?" Kristy asked snapping Y/N out of her trance as the duo continued walking.

"I would, but my mom needs me to babysit Jamie," Y/N explained.

"Oh, well I'll see you tomorrow then," Kristy said sadly as they stopped walking. They hugged goodbye and Y/N started to head home.

Just as Y/N walked through her front door, I little figure came waddling over, "Y/ Y/! I missed...OOF!" Jamie grunted as his face planted on the floor.

"Aw hi James, I missed you too," Y/N softly smiled at her younger brother.

"Oh, Y/N! Just in time, I have a later shift tonight so don't wait up," Y/N's mother laughed as she struggled to put her sweater on.

"Mom you don't need a sweater it's too hot for that. Also, I thought you said we could do a movie night tonight.." Y/N sighed sadly.

"Oh, I did? Well, maybe tomorrow night okay?" Y/N's mother tried seeing her daughter's sad expression.

"You said that last night," Y/N mumbled, "Y/N what did I say about mumbling?" Y/N's mom looked at Y/N expectedly.

"And anyway, you can wait, can't you? It's just one night Y/N," Y/N's mother kissed Y/N's head, "dinners in the fridge! Warm it up," Y/N's mother left without even saying goodbye.

"Love you too mom," Y/N sighed, "hi Jamie. Wanna go play?" "yeth! Ls go," Jamie giggled waddling to the playroom.

"Anything watermelon flavored that isn't watermelon is disgusting. End of discussion," Y/N stated while drawing a small butterfly.

Claudia had this amazing idea of making stickers while they wait for the other girls to arrive, "they are not! You're just boring," Claudia joked.