002

And she smells like lemongrass and sleep...

Third person pov:

Her hands roughly pushed her books back into her locker as her hair fell in front of her face.
Y/N's math teacher has been picking on her all day along with the stupid teachers pet.

'People suck' Y/N thought while grabbing at her favorite 'Stranger Things action figure. "If I had eleven powers I would-"

"Hey Y/N!" Stacey interrupted Y/N's mumbling, "oh, hi Stacey," Y/N greeted awkwardly.

"I um, I was wondering if maybe you wanted to hang out after the meeting? We could go to the park or go to the mall-" Stacey was interrupted, "I'd have to get permission from my mom but if she says it's okay then sure," Y/N replied.

"Great! Also, nice outfit," Stacey complimented, "um... Thank you.." Y/N thanked her awkwardly.

Ringgg

"Oh, that's the bell...um, I'll see you at lunch?" Stacey asked hopefully, "okay," Y/N chuckled.
Stacey hugged her quickly before running off to her next class.

Time skip to lunch

"You can do it too. Just breath, go slow and check your work," Y/N heard Stacey say as she walked to the table.

"What are we talking about?" Y/N asked the two as she sat down, "Stacey's trying to teach me math," Claudia rolled her eyes and Stacey laughed lightly.

"Y/N stop playing with your grapes," Stacey scolded jokingly as Y/N threw grapes in her mouth,"I caught one!" Y/N laughed.

Stacey smiled at her and was about to ask her something when-

"Go on, tell them," Kristy scowled, "I can't babysit for the brewers tomorrow night," Maryanne confessed.

"She was twenty minutes late last night, and her dad grounded her," Kristy grumbled

"Anything can happen in 20 minutes, especially at night," Y/N spoke, "that's literally what my dad said," Maryanne laughed.

"Anyways, now I'm the one who's gonna have to sit for stupid Watson's stupid kids, unless one of you decides not to go to the dance," Kristy said.

"Absolutely not," Stacey refused quickly, "first, your mad at her for sitting for Karen and Andrew, and now your mad at her that she can't?" Claudia asked.

Kristy looked at Y/N hopefully, "what? Make up your mind woman," Y/N exclaimed. (Simon reference) "excuse me, I'm trying to run a business here. It's not crazy to be mad when someone behaves unprofessionally," Kristy ranted.

Stacey looked at Y/N who was making hearts with grapes, "that's cute," Stacey laughed as she stole one, "hey!" Y/N whisper shouted.

"You know who is crazy? Richard Spier," Kristy said, "too far Kristin," Y/N muttered, "Kristy, come on," Maryanne spoke.

"He's paranoid. He treats you like some kind of China doll in a box. And this whole thing with the Phantom Tollbooth-" Kristy was cut off

"Phantom caller," Stacey corrected, " whatever. He's a psycho," Kristy chuckled, "oh, my God Kristy shut up," Y/N ran a hand through her hair.

"You shut up, even my mom thinks so. He's not normal," Kristy stated, "and what would you know Bout having a normal dad?" Maryanne asked out of anger.

Kristy ran off, so did Maryanne, "uhm. Heart grapes anyone?" Y/N offered awkwardly.

She tastes like apple juice and peach....

Y/N was standing at her locker, 'Human Nature" playing on her headphones. The school day was finally over and she could go home, "if they say why WHY," Y/N screeched after turning around to see Stacey stand right behind her.

"Stacey Elizabeth McGill.." Y/N muttered, breathing heavily and holding her heart, "sorry Y/N I didn't mean to scare you," Stacey chuckled softly.

"It's uh, it's fine. Did you Uhm...did you want something?" Y/N awkwardly bit her lip, "oh yes! I uh, I was just gonna ask if you maybe wanted to go to the dance...with me..?" Stacey asked playing with her fingers.

"Oh uh sure! I don't have a costume though," Y/N smiled, "oh that's fine, as long as you're there it'll be fine," Stacey smiled making eye contact with Y/N.

"Okay cool..." Y/N said quietly. The two stood just staring at each other in a comfortable silence.

"So um..are we still hanging out together later?" Y/N asked hopefully," Yes! I mean, if you still want to," Stacey answered, "of course, I still want to I-" Y/N was interrupted.

"Stacey I know this isn't great timing but are you sure that this plan is going to work? I'd rather not get grounded," Claudia spoke.

"I'm sure you'll be fine, just stay calm," Stacey reassured, "okay so I'll see you tonight, byeee!!" Claudia waves before skipping off.

"Anyways, so I'll see you later?" Y/N gripped the strap of her backpack, "yeah yeah um, I'll see you later," Stacey said.

"Bye mom," Y/N said as she got out of the car, "bye Y/N," Y/N's mom said plainly before driving off, "love you..." Y/N whispered.

As Y/N was walking toward the school, she saw Stacey looking down while some other kids laughed at her.

"Stacey!" Y/N called, "Y/N!" Stacey ran towards her, "Hi Stacey. You look really good." Y/N complimented.

"Thanks. So do you." Stacey blushed, "so uhm, where's Claudia?" Y/N asked, "I don't know. She said she'd be here but it's been ten minutes."

"Maybe she isn't coming," Stacey said disappointed, "Hey hey, it's okay. We can go in together."

Stacey looked up and smiled, "Yes! Let's go," Stacey cheered as she dragged Y/N inside.

"Won't," Stacey looked around, "Yeah woah." Y/N smiled at Stacy.

Stacy just stood there. Looking around awkwardly.

"Ooo Stacey! Wanna take a selfie?" Y/N asked while grabbing her phone, "oh, my God yes!" Stacey laughed.

As the two girls posed for the photo Stacey thought of the idea to kiss Y/Ns cheek, but as she was about to it seems like Y/N got the same idea, leading to an accidental kiss(peck? Idk I'm tired).

"Oh uhm- shit sorry," Y/N ran a hand through her hair awkwardly, " no I'm sorry I shouldnt have-"

"Hi!" Mrs. Johanssen greeted the two, "Hi," Stacey said awkwardly, "That is quite the outfit," Mrs. Johanssen gasped.

"Unfortunately, that's true," Stacy laughed.

"Oh, honey you remember Stacy McGill. She's Charlottes favorite babysitter," She smiled at her wife.

"Of course," She replied, "Wait, you're both chaperoning tonight," Stacey spoke.

"Mm-hmm."

"Who's at home with Charlotte?" Y/N asked.

The women looked at each other.

"Oh."

"Kristy's gonna lose her shi-"

Hello y'all!! I am so sorry this took longer to release than expected. My cousin kept distracting me 🙄

Anyways I hope y'all like this chapter! Working on next one rn

GO DRINK SOME WATER
❤️