A New Case

As I and Kate were arguing, old man Stanley interrupted us by telling us to shut up. He never does that until and unless he's serious. We both paused our argument for now as we had to listen to what the old mand had in stock for us. Old man Stanley is a well-disciplined, strict, and goal-oriented person. The person barely smiles and he's not at all friendly he's more like I'm the boss and you're the worker type of man. in short, the man's Hitler and we don't wanna miss out on what he has to say, or else we are doomed. 

"Listen up idiots if you both wanna fight you can take it out of my damn office." yelled the old man with his grumpy voice and added, "Especially you John. keep your attitude out of my office." "Why only me? Kate did it too. she started it." I replied in an angry tone. "Shut up! John. Kate gets things done. What do you do?" the old man asked in his never-ending tempestuous tone. Listening to this, my muscles started quivering. "What have I done? I have solved cases more than everyone in this office put together and yes old man I've solved cases even more than you old freak!" I countered in anger. Listening to my reply everyone was shocked and scared. Even Kate was starting to dislike what was going on. "John, umm you might wanna stop what you're doing here... please," Kate whispered to my ears. "Shut the hell up Kate. I don't need your suggestions. get away from me." I Yelled at her in rage. She instantly became quiet and started to weep silently. looking at this the old man was even more furious now.

"John, you are not getting any cases for a year and you'll do everyone's paperwork. where everyone gets their weekend holidays, you'll have to work on Sundays too. This will be your punishment for the chaos you've created. now apologize to Kate and get the hell out of my sight you good for nothing idiot." ordered the old man. as I just went a step forward to as anything the old man interrupted adding, "you have the right to remain silent or else ill double the punishment. Do you know why I came here today? The toughest paranormal case yet. the best of the best and I wanted to make you and Kate into a team and assign it to you but now I've changed my mind. Im going to give this case to Kate and I'm passing the ownership of this company to her. Now if you don't want any of these to happen, apologize to Kate in front of everyone." Listening to this, I was broken but I had to apologize to Kate to get that case. I felt my body breaking apart. My thoughts were shattered. I wanted all these to end at any cost. As I turned toward kate, she turned towards the old man and said, "It's okay Prof. Stanley. I don't want John to apologize. It was my mistake. I started it and above all, for John, his pride is everything. I don't want him to compromise it just for a sorry. Im ready to go with John on this case professor." in her soft voice.

Listening to this, I quickly gained my confidence back. "I'm ready to go on this case but not with you Kate. I'll go alone." I said in a confident tone. as soon as I said this, the old man was even more furious. He was about to hit me but Kate stopped him. "It's okay John. It is your right to do as you please after what I've done. Im ready to give up on this case for you John. this is the only way I can prove that I love you. All those things I said earlier, I didn't mean them. I did it for fun. Im sorry John." she said in a sad tone. "Well, I don't need your sorry and I need you to stay away from me and I don't love you," I replied. listening to this everyone was disappointed in me. They thought I am a coldhearted person who only cares about my career and nothing else. well, that won't affect me.

"As everything is decided, brief me on this so-called toughest case," I asked. Although everyone was not in the mood for work today because of my fight with Kate, Cayle agreed to brief me on the case. "John, this is very different from your other cases. Even with powers like yours, that ghost or spirit is impossible to see. Many paranormal Investigators like you have tried and failed, if I can say, failed is an understatement. Many have died or gone missing after taking up this case. You have to fly to England and then you have to fly to The town of Love via connecting flight as we don't have a direct flight from the US to TTOL(The town of Love). We've booked a hotel for your stay and your operative field is on the outskirts of the town. That's a forest and you are in search of a huge mansion. No one will guide you or tell you where the designated mansion is as the people of the town fear it a lot. They believe that even taking its name makes them vulnerable to the Ghost. There are extremely limited cottages on the outskirts of the town. If you're lucky, they might help, or else, you're on your own. Now about the mansion, it was built in the victorian era so approximately, the mansion's 200 years old. That'll be your briefing John. the remaining details are in the file. Be careful John." said Cayle. "Okay then see you guys after I crack this case," I said as I picked up the file. "Wait, you're leaving now?" asked Cayle in a puzzled tone. "Yes, what else would I do here?" I asked. "The flight is at 8 AM tomorrow and by the time you reach the UK, it'll be 5 in the evening. Then you'll board a flight that'll take you to TTOL in 4 hours and remembers John Don't go investigate in the night. Directly go to the hotel right after you land." said Cayle. "Well, then Im taking this day off old man. I'll see your miserable face after I crack that case." I replied to the old man listening to Cayle's second briefing. As I started walking my eyes caught the name on the file and I couldn't read Cayle's handwriting so I asked him, "What is the name of this case anyway?" "The Horrors of Hazel Mansion." Replied Cayle.