The Town Of Love Pt 2

The Cab driver slowly took off. The blissful breeze of the town canoodled with my hair and The delighted aroma of the town made me even more hyped up for the tour. It wasn't very clear when I saw the town yesterday as it was already dark but now... Wow! The trees, plants, vibrant sky, and the road were really amazing. As for me, I'm a guy who was raised in between the buildings and the skyscrapers and I had never seen this part of the world when I was a child. As progressed, we came across the same cupid statue that I saw yesterday, it was so beautifully sculpted. It was made up of rose marble and the details in that statue were unbelievable. That angelic wings and the bow and arrow of love were magnificent. "Wow! What a work of art! Who made this?" I asked the cab driver in an exciting sense. " Well mate, I'm just a cab driver and I can tour you around the town. This statue here was established two centuries ago under the supervision of the elders of this town. Many believe that this cupid is the one who keeps this town's emotions and culture intact.

     Yesterday, I was wondering how the hotel has such a magnificent view and now I know. The hotel is situated on a hill and is the best hotel the town can offer to its tourists. As we came downhill, I felt like I'd entered a whole new dimension. It's full of people who are extremely joyful. "Alright mate, this is where you get to meet new life. Welcome to the town of love." said the cab driver and he added, "this is the square or the middle of the town and this is where people live." The square was wonderful. the buildings, houses, shops... every single infrastructure was so delightful. It seemed to me like it was right out of a fairytale. The town was vibrant and the gradients the people of that town had used were really out of this world. The whole square was decorated like it was some festival. "Is something special going on in this town today man?" I asked the cab driver. "HA... no this is a regular weekday in our town and I know why you asked." Replied the driver in a comic way. How much ever could anyone convince me, I wasn't ready to believe that this was a regular day in that town. I mean how often do we see people completely joyful and pumped for the day and how often do you see the town decorated?

     As we progressed even further, we went to the marketplace. The cab driver told us, "You should get out of here, otherwise you wouldn't have all the fun." As I got off the cab, I somehow felt the gravity of this place wasn't as dense as it would be everywhere. The market, which we know is the busiest place of all, was relatively quiet. People purchased items from the stalls. I noticed that every person I saw smiled and greeted each one they met. The peculiar thing I noticed was that people did not exchange money for each other instead they embraced and shook hands. My question was directed toward the driver, but before I had the chance to ask him, he replied, "I know what you're thinking." In TTOL, we do not exchange money as a mode of exchange; we exchange love because money is temporary, but love is eternal." The driver said this. The people of TTOL believe in love completely. They are not practical, but at the same time, they are the purest people you'll ever come across. The marketplace had everything you could imagine. Fruits, vegetables, spices, toys, jewelry, decoratives, books, pens, artifacts, handcrafted stuff, you name it. 'Love' was exchanged for a book, a bag, and a ring. They also have the best chocolates. There are so many different shapes, sizes, colors, and flavors to choose from. The strawberry chocolate with a heart shape was absolutely delicious.  

     I got back into the cab and the driver said he had two last places to show. He continued to elaborate on the culture of the town as we traveled. It was evident that the people believe in love, that there is no crime in the town, and that they can rely on one another without hesitation in tough times. When he finished explaining the culture, he stopped near a lake. The lake was divine. The water was crystal clear. I have no words to describe it. You could see the life underwater. Far behind the lake appeared the mountain ranges which gave a nice cinematic view of the lake and the bank of the lake was rich with grass and trees. Just 20 yards from the lake was a tree that was roughly shaped like a Heart and beneath that was a bench that could accommodate two people. According to the driver, that bench was an ideal place for couples to hang out. I wasn't ready to leave this place It was almost nightfall and the driver called me up to take me to the hotel. I remained there, enjoying the one-of-a-kind view. This lake is called 'The Lake of Cherishment' and it became my favorite viewpoint in that town.  

    It took the driver a long time to return because he had one last spot to show me. He took me near the entrance arc, but it was a different entrance, or rather an exit! This is the last place I wanted you to see! This is the end of the town. People of this town hate this place because it's where their happiness ends. Although many tourists avoid it, you deserve to know about it. It is here that the town ends and the Forest of Darkness begins.