CH.14

The Next Day

Bagheera 

Today, Aaliyah and I were traveling to an old part of the jungle to discuss some important matters.  I was listening to her talk about coming back to the jungle to live with me once she finds a good mate. 

"Do you think he would understand you like I do, Baggie?" She asked me.

That question made me halt near the river which contains heavy flowing water. 

"*ahem* Aaliyah, listen. Not all humans can understand animals like you do. They might be aggressive towards you." I began to say. 

"Well that's not fair! Maybe I should find a mate and live here with you." She suggested. 

I sighed. My tail twitched sideways. I looked up to the clear  blue sky. It was very beautiful.

"Aaliyah....you must take of yourself from now on...." I said slowly.

Aaliyah looked bewildered by me saying this. 

"What do you mean? You want me to leave you here by yourself? I mean you have Baloo but not me." She said. 

This is going to be harder than I thought.

We continued walking until I smelled something. It wasn't right. I growled loudly baring my teeth and stretching my claws. I stood in front of Aaliyah. 

"Aaliyah, when I say run, you run and not to look back. I will be right behind you." I told her.  

The scent was Beside us. The bushes rattled and breathing was heard between the bushes. Click. That's when I heard it. Man's silver arm clicking in the bushes.

"Run! Aaliyah, run!!" I yelled running beside her. The silver arm began to spat silver balls one by one past us. Aaliyah jumped on my back as I took to the trees. I kept on running along the branches-the more stronger ones- towards the other side of the jungle. 

Man must've known we were here. But how? My mind raced back to those male cubs we encountered the other day. They must've alerted the hunter. About me. 

ARGH!!! I roared in pain. I thrashed on top of the branch almost falling in the rushing waters of the river. 

"BAGGIE!! You're hurt!" Aaliyah exclaimed. Then she did something unexpected, she jumped off my back running towards the hunter. I stopped mid-branch heading towards my cub. Once on the ground, I ran towards her, "Aaliyah stop!" I shouted. 

To her: It was like I was running to help her.

But to Man: It was like I was going to kill her and eat her. 

I felt more pain in my side. I fell to the ground. In my vision I saw Aaliyah running towards my body while shielding me from the hunter.

Is this it? My cub needs me. Get up Bagheera! I shouted. I steadily got up growling at the hunter. Then Aaliyah ran towards the hunter again but this time with a log. Instantly, the hunter knocked my cub to the ground. 

In that moment, I saw red. A deep red. 

I snarled running at the hunter in full speed but I was caught by thick vines and being pulled into a dark cave with bars. Aaliyah was thrown in there with me. I caught her on my side. I winced at the pain but narrowed my eyes at the hunter and more hunters who arrived with the vines and the cave. I scratched at the cave's bars and swiped at whoever came near me and my cub. 

I felt a sharp pain in my neck and I collapse to the floor of the cave. 

"Take them to the village!" I heard man say before I fell into the dark abyss. 

A/N: Oh no! Bagheera and Aaliyah are taken!! Ooh boy now I really have to update this story for you readers. Please comment and vote your thoughts!