𝟶.𝟾

𝓸𝓶𝓷𝓲𝓼𝓬𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓽

𝓸𝓶𝓷𝓲𝓼𝓬𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓽

"I like what you did with your hair" Rome offered once he had seen the face that had plagued his thoughts for days on end.

It had started off as just a random thought of her when he passed by something that reminded him of her, of their time together. And then it gradually progressed to him actively seeking her out just because he wanted to see her more.  Scrolling through all the pictures he had secretly taken of her, rereading all their texts to each other and even lurking on her social media pages just to get a look at her latest posts.

He was starting to feel super whipped and he couldn't quite say that it was a discomforting feeling.

Rather, it was happily welcomed by him. It wasn't everyday that he found someone that actually made him feel something.

"Really?" She beamed, running a hand through her hair as she looked at what he presumed was a mirror, out of the range of the view of the camera.

She had gone to the salon earlier that day, hoping to just get a silk press. But after much persuasion from Zora, who had returned from her honeymoon, fortunately but unfortunately not pregnant, she had decided to cut her hair into a bob and get it dyed.

Now it was a nice, warm shade of chestnut brown with platinum blonde peekaboo highlights and she was really loving it.

"For sure. Peekaboo hair really suits you" he continued. "It makes you look a lot sexier"

His eyes must have been playing tricks on him because for a second, he thought she had blushed but before he could confirm his suspicions, she had moved away from the view of the camera.

"So how was-" she paused to awkwardly cough. "How was your day?"

"Remember that pitch you helped me write?"

"The one about ads and discounts?" She recalled, finally showing a fraction of her face, mainly her forehead and eyes, in the camera. "What about it?"

"We actually closed the deal today and-"