𝟷.𝟽

𝓸𝓶𝓷𝓲𝓼𝓬𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓽

𝓸𝓶𝓷𝓲𝓼𝓬𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓽

what goes around comes around.

indeed it did. allie was a sure witness to that phenomenon. what she thought had been a mindless blubber had actually been karma knocking hard at her door.

the air between the two women was thick and it sent chills down the spine of everyone looking in from the outside. it looked like a fight would break out soon.

briella spoke first, breaking the ice.

"i wasn't lying"

allie was in disbelief. she'd spent hours thinking about this very moment. what would she say when she finally saw her? would briella apologize for getting involved with jayvon, knowing fully well he was taken? then she had laughed at herself for thinking briella was obligated to apologize to her. if anything, it should be jayvon grovelling at her feet, begging for her forgiveness for having an affair.

she knew all that. yet still, she couldn't help feeling angry. she was angry at her. she was angry at him. she was even angry at herself really.

but then again, one could only get as good as one gives. in the end, she had this coming sooner or later.

"i know" she ended up saying defeatedly, moving around the straw in her drink.

"I'm sorry" briella offered.

"it's not your fault"

briella frowned at that. she had expected her to go ballistic. she wanted her to yell at her. even throw a drink at her. anything to lessen the massive guilt she felt. jayvon was like an old acquaintance and she'd never personally met allie except for that one time she'd gone to see her but even now, she held an even bigger grudge again jayvon for disregarding allie.

"even if you say so, I can't help how i feel"

allie smiled, bittersweet and somber. "you can't, can you?"

it was silent after that.

they quietly sipped their drinks, just taking in everything that had been said. briella was uneasy. she'd set up this meeting to ask for her help but now that the general mood was like this, she was unsure how to do so.