𝟷.𝟶

𝓸𝓶𝓷𝓲𝓼𝓬𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓽

𝓸𝓶𝓷𝓲𝓼𝓬𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓽

Contrary to popular belief, harbouring a lot of affection towards a certain person didn't always mean that you wanted to be near him at all times.

In fact, for Alaina, it was quite the opposite.

"Did you really have to send him away?" She groaned as a shiver ran down her spine, making her wrap her arms tighter around the blazer on her shoulders.

They had gone out to eat dinner, the idea being Rome's, and he had thought it was smart to tell his chauffeur, their only means of transportation, to take a quick drive around town to kill time.

And now they had been standing outside for the past five minutes or so in the freezing cold and his chauffeur was still nowhere to be seen.

"I didn't want him to get bored waiting in the car" he reasoned defensively as he tried, yet again, to reach his mobile.

"We should've just ordered takeout" she monologued.

She wasn't as cold as she had initially been because Rome, bless his soul, had lent her his suit jacket which she was grateful for but she still felt like strangling him because he was the reason they were in this mess even.

"Give me a hug" he suddenly requested and she looked at him like he had two heads.

"Really? You're seriously asking for a hug right now?" She asked in disbelief.

"Well I'm cold and you're in my jacket so it's either that or freeze" he pointed out and her cheeks blushed red.

Of course, how could she forget that he would be cold too?

"Well, since you put it that way" she muttered, reaching out to wrap her arms around his torso.

"Better?"

"Much" he answered as his tugged her even closer, making her flush an even deeper shade of red. She could smell the rich, cedarwood cologne he always wore now. It was literally all she could think about and it had her head spinning.