Chapter 8

A young teen with short orange locks looked at his surrounding with blank curiosity. He was strolling within a ruined wasteland of metal and stone with bodies filling the streets in charged masses. The ash that filled the air made one want to choke even if it didn't fill his lungs.

Ahead there was a cliff which gave way to a shocking crater surrounded by the ruins of this unknown civilization. The entire landscape was massive for any mind.

"You do not belong here Fu"

The now named Fu spun around to find the source of the voice sitting over the edge of a destroyed structure. There was a young man in a dark green trench coat with a jonin-like vest over it and black rough pants. His skin was dark like a lighter skinned Kumo-nin and his hair shaved away.

"What are you?" Fu demanded.

"I'd assume a solder" The man said flippantly.

"This is the mind of Arashi Uzumaki and you are not him" Fu stated plainly "How long ago did you replace the Uzumaki boy?"

The man chuckled "I've been here since the day the Uzumaki twins were born"

Fu gave no indication of anything "How much influence do you have on the boy's mind?"

"I'm king of the castle" He sing-songed.

If the ROOT agent was annoyed he showed no hint "What is your goal?"

The man gave a solemn look to their surrounding "The same as these people I assume"

Fu's eyes did a quick scan but took no notice to any sign of an answer.

The man looked far off "These ruins are the archive of my past life. This city we stand in right now was called the heart of democracy and freedom" He let out a laugh at that thought "Though it was usually led by crooks and fools. No matter what, people here lived like Konoha where most worshiped the written words of our founders which would make the fool Sandaime proud. Me however, all I care about is my life, liberty and pursuit of happiness"

"If that is true then they failed" Fe stated.

"That does seem to be the case" The man said looking to the crater "I don't know when I died but by the state of my mind I would assume the world ended or I atleast felt like it did"

The news was confusing for the teen but it was not his job to understand. It was his only job to obey his master and gather any and all information.

"Who are you?" Fu demanded.

"I am Arashi Uzumaki" The man declared "But I was Nick Valiant"

Fu nodded at that information "And how will you achieve your goals?"

"That's quite simple really" The man said smirking "My world held a window to the past and future of yours Fu. I know you're working for Danzo, that Itachi was under orders to kill his clan, and most of all I know that Shisui Uchiha's eye is sitting in Danzo's skull and he's working with the snake to create a new arm from the cells of the Shodai Hokage and filled with the eyes of the Uchiha"

Fu was visibly alarmed at that information dump. Anyone who could gain that information no matter the truth behind it was both a incredibly threat and asset.

"Why would you tell me any of that?" Fu asked as he raised a hand to cancel his jutsu just in case.

"Because you'll never tell" Nick declared before jumping down from his perch.

Fu quickly pushed out as the man walked towards him. The fact that he was still there shocked him.

"Aw can you not leave?" Nick teased as he approached.