Chapter 10

Hiruzen glared between the open scroll on his desk and the desk and his old friend before him.

"That Hiruzen, is every action that has been taken involving Arashi Uzumaki" Danzo stated. It was a lie as he would never tell everything but it was enough things to look bad while also painting a picture he needed "This shows that the boy is far stronger than he lets on"

"That would be expected from a shinobi" Hiruzen defended.

"Don't be foolish" Danzo shot back "Arashi Uzumaki, a boy of only eight years old, has repeatedly caused the deaths of highly trained Konoha-nin"

Danzo may have been talking some of the things that had been done to Arashi but he knew legally he could not say the name ROOT or imply he himself did it. The grey area of ROOT's tolerated existence.

"You assume I don't see the same hunger in the boy that I saw with Orochimaru?" Hruzen asked darkly "These agents have been backing the boy into a corner making him desperate to hold on to what he has"

"His plots date back to the Hyuga Incident!" Dano stated "He enfavored himself to Hiashi Hyuga and you made him a ninja which gained him access to the library, and he befriended two of our best ANBU who then trained him. All of this when he should've been too young to understand these things"

The Hokage leaned forward with his fingers locked in front of his face in thought.

"You fail the see the most important thing my friend" Hiruzen stated.

At that Danzo raised a brow "What would that be?"

The Sandaime smirked "He's shown The Will of Fire in protecting those close to him. He's not lost in his own darkness yet" He then glared to the ROOT leader "Don't give him a reason to be"

.

"Makyo Hyosho!/Demon Ice Mirrors!"

Large sheets of ice rose from the soaked earth beneath the blinding mist.

"Damn mutants!" The lead Kiri-nin shouted as him and his four teammates grouped up into a tight circle.

"Y-Y-Yuki" A trembling rookie said.

"Looks like they miss a few" Another stated.

A laugh penetrated the mist that was colder than the mirrors before them.

"What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means?" Came a menacing voice from the mist "Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?"

There was a groaned from the mist before a girl spoke up "Can I just do the thing already?"

The other voice sighed in defeat "Fine ruin my moment why don't ya"

The Kiri-nin looked between eachother in confusion. It sounded like they were dealing with kids.

Just then the mirrors filled with a girl. The most noticeable thing was the red swirling eyes that pierced your soul as the right eye bled.

"Amatsu-Mikaboshi!"

The men had no safe place as the visage of the Sharingan was filling all of the mirrors around them. There was nothing they could do to stop the effects of the jutsu from taken hold of their minds.

The lead Kiri-nin opened his eyes to a dirty Kirigakure street.

"You killed my mommy and daddy"

He jerked to the side to see a small child covered in blood and ice. His small frame bent and broken with twisted limbs and missing eye.