Chapter 14

Konoha Council sat in conference with a level of levity in the air. The Hokage stood above the others with his long black hair contracting the white robes he wore even with the barely starting greys coming in. His Sharingan shining under his hat at the arranged clan members until they landed on the brunette Uchiha Matriarch and he smiled.

"With the conclusion of the Fifth Shinobi War we can begin the effort of returning our shinobi home and transition to peacetime operations once again" The man said to those around him.

The blue haired Hyuga Head nodded "Relocation of the border outposts to our new borders can begin within the week"

"We all know what we're really here for so let's skip the troublesome stuff" The Nara head said from his spot half-lying on the table "Get on with it Itachi-sama so we can go home"

The Hokage sighed but nodded "As you've all heard by now, I've served as your Hokage since Sandaime-sama passed the hat to me during the Forth Shinobi War before he sacrificed himself to defeat the Tsushikage"

"Jiji" Sounded the spiky blond sitting below the large red spiral.

They all offered a moment of silence for their fallen Kage before Itachi continued "At the time I was tasked with leading us after that war and rebuilt what was lost. Now is time for me to do the same and pass the hat to another"

"Alright I'm gonna be Hokage Dattebayo!" The blond cheered loudly.

The Hyuga head giggled "One day Naruto-kun"

"I know it will be today Hinata-chan" He stated happily "I saw the spiral on the form today"

The blond Yamanaka woman sighed and palmed her face "Damn it Naruto did you even read it before you signed it?"

"Yeah totally Ino-chan" Naruto said sheepishly in an obvious lie.

"What the hell was Arashi thinking letting you hold the Uzumaki Seat when he sieged Kumo" She said in exasperation.

"Back to the point" Itachi cut in with a stern look to Naruto who stiffened "The signatures from you all have confirmed my choice for Arashi Uzumaki to take my place as the Rokudaime Hokage"

There was nods of approval and a few 'here here's around.

"Hey Arashi-nii doesn't even want to be Hokage" Naruto whined "It's my dream!"

"But Naruto-kun Arashi-nii may just choose you when he retires" Hinata stated to calm the man "You know he trusts you"

That perked the boy up "Yeah I'll prove to Arashi-nii that I'll be the best choice for the Nanadaime dattebayo!"

The other clan heads just smiled at the boy's bipolar attitude that they've all grew used to over the decades together. Itachi looked to the Uchiha Matriarch and smiled with a wave to follow as he stood.

"Izumi-chan we should return home and relieve Sasuke from Ryumi-chan and Izashi-chan before he gets too frustrated" He said amused as he led her out.

Izumi just smiled at the love of her life. They were happy and now he'd be home more to spend time with his family. The wars had kept him, her and Sasuke busy with missions and their eldest was away on with Arashi who was the Jonin Sensei of his team along with Minato Uzumaki and Kushina Hyuga who were Arashi and Naruto's kids. Being the one to train the Hokage's wife as a Genin gave the man some control on who he got as a team and no one would be trusted to care for their children more than the elder Uzumaki.

"I can't wait for Kito-kun to come home" Izumi said thinking of her eldest who was just as kind as his grandmother he was named for yet with the Will of Fire of his father and sensei.