Chapter 17

[Shimo no Kuni]

Arashi laughed as he danced around a blast of ultra-pressurized water with ease. The pair of Shimo Jonin took offence to his ease and ran at the boy from the sides, and grinned when he was impaled on their blades. Arashi however burst into a swarm of bats as his laughter rang out into the night sky.

"What the fuck is this kid!?" The older one growled.

"I am the vanguard of your destruction" Arashi's taunting voice surrounded them and the very starts blackened.

The Shimo-nin went back to back in the encroaching darkness.

"Kanime-san can you sense him in this jutsu?" The younger ninja

The older man shook his head "Sorry Naoto-san, looks like some bastardization of the Kirigakure no Jutsu"

"You can stop playing with them now" Came a bored drawl in the darkness before a poof was heard.

Arashi's voice came back almost sad "Fine let's go"

The pair of Shimo-nin breathed in relief as the darkness faded and the cold night air of Shimo no Kuni proved to bring them warmth from the darkness. Said darkness was moving back towards the place Arashi was standing and vanished under his black cloak

"Have a nice night" Arashi said assumedly with a wave of his hand before he burst into bats the took flight into the dark sky.

Even with their attacker gone there was death in the air that caused the Shimo-nin to make haste back to their camp.

"This was no chance attack by some nuke-nin" The younger said at the sight of the billowing smoke in the distance.

"They wanted us to survive" The older one said in a foreboding tone "I think they know what we were doing and wanted word to get out"

The younger gasped "Damn they must be the ones who've been attacking the Kumo-patrols and border outposts"

The older nodded "We'll have to send word to Kumo. I think that boy back there was an Uzumaki. He had the hair color and his chakra was so vast"

"Do we really have to keep helping Kumo get these kids?" The younger asked with a frown "I mean, you know what they want to do with them"

The older nin shrugged "It's not like we get much choice in the matter. We need all the help we can get sitting between Kumo and all the other nations. If that means boosting up Kumo with some fancy bloodlines at the cost of young ninja, I'll accept that. They knew what they signed up for just like we did"

"I don't agree with you" the younger said stopping "But I can respect that you are simply following orders that benefit your country in the long run"

"My village" The older questioned before he sighed "Naoto-san is dead I assume"

The younger man nodded "You were both in a genjutsu since you were in my shadow. You passed the test Kanime-san. He did not"

"Kumo's making a mistake pissing off an Uzumaki" Kanime said shaking his head.

The younger raised a brow "Have you met others?"

Kanime smirked "When I was a child I met one who traveled in a trade caravan. She was a kind old lady but I got quite a beating when I tried to swipe some of her produce. She ended up giving me twice as much as I was stealing afterwards" He then frowned "Then the Hunter-nin appeared and I watched her wield those chains and amazing fuinjutsu to take out dozens of them before she fell"

"We're a tough bunch" Fake-Naoto chuckled "I'll be seeing you around Kanime-san"

The boy vanished into shadow leaving Kanime of Shimogakure the sole survivor of their camp.