Prologue - No Day Without Demons

The veil fizzled out and Seisi became visible just as the last of the dark priests was about to leave.

Ass Dung, Seisi thought, turned and raced towards the Nile. He sensed a disturbance behind him and threw himself to the ground. A bile green torrent of light shot over his head, thundered into a palm grove, disintegrating the trees into powder.

That had been a Tail of Sobek, one of the forbidden spells. A spell, that also required divine energy, which meant ... . Seisi shot up from where he was lying and zig-zagged through the reeds. He heard whomping sounds and his inner eye beheld green clouds behind him. His pursuer was getting closer. 

Something silvery screeched past his nose, burying itself into another palm tree.

A Dagger of Khons! One of the other dark priests had returned.

Seisi focussed on his sun-flow, ripped an amulet from his collar, rasped an invocation to the Nile god Hapy from his burning lungs and raced across the spongy surface of the river.

Have to reach the other side ... .

He sensed movement on the bank, twisted—an invisible fist slammed into his back, the spell broke and he plunged into the river.

Not again! Seisi thought as he sank through the murky green depths of Hapy's domain. His consciousness was fading fast, yet he knew he would awaken again. But then it would be too late to pass on what he had learned, too late for Metjen, too late for his love—and too late to protect the people of Kemet from annihilation ... .

===

Media (Nile Crocodile) is from DeviantArt, copyright angiwallace 2012-2015

Dear Readers of 'Cursed Times - What Now?' I promised there would be a sequel—and there is. Enjoy! 

The dedication goes to @Csteptoe who made the amazing cover! 

 Sorry, but it has to be said. All copyrights of the texts are mine exclusively. Any attempt at spreading any of the content of my works in any form will be prosecuted. If you are reading this in any form outside Wattpad - be it in print, as an e-book or as an excerpt of text, the content has been stolen and you are in breach of international copyright laws. Also, if you're reading this anywhere other than Wattpad it's an illegal copy and you may be at risk of virus infection. You can read this story free of charge in its intended format on Wattpad, where you can also find more of my stories.