Untitled Part 13

I do not own Naruto.

Hinata couldn't stop thinking about that afternoon. Had he given up on her? He couldn't have... not with how gingerly he had caressed her cheek... but the way he walked away... it all was so confusing for her. She sighed and made her way back to her house. Naruto and Hashirama had told her to go home and get ready for the festival, but she had no idea if she even wanted to go. She made her way into her home, memories of when her and Tobirama had been forced to live here together plagued her mind. She had been in love with him then, but had been denying it to the ends of the earth and back.

She hated how empty this place felt now, but she didn't want to move again. She knew that Hashirama and Tobirama were building their own compound so she was happy for them. She smiled softly as she looked towards the kitchen and remembered how Tobirama had been sending clones into the kitchen to get what he wanted for himself. At the time it had been so annoying, but now she missed his antics. The passive aggressiveness that he was, while somehow still being absolutely goofy. She smiled softly as she made her way past his old room, which had still been untouched since he had moved out. She touched the light switch and took in the traces of his chakra that lingered there oddly enough. She missed him. It felt like they were drifting apart after the fall of Izuna and Haru.

She didn't understand how though. She could tell he had felt the same way, his chakra still told her that. However, his lack of communication and interactions with her said something else entirely. She made her way upstairs and sighed deeply. A small bundle on her bed caught her eye and her heart fluttered. It reeked of his chakra... she tore the package open in excitement and found a beautiful kimono within. She couldn't help the smile that crossed her lips when she pulled the matching hair ornament from the small box beside it. He had bought this for her? Her eyes widened slightly, had he bought the last one for her too?

She put it on and couldn't help the grin that covered her lips. She pulled her hair up into an elegant bun and slipped the ornament into it. She felt so beautiful when she looked in the mirror. She rarely saw herself this way, but perhaps this was how he saw her? Her heart fluttered at the thought and she reached for the small envelope that was hidden beneath the packaging and opened it. it had a short little message of "Hope you like this," from Tobirama. She shook her head at this, of course it would be short and straight to the point with him, unlike other things of course.

She rolled her eyes at that thought, only to once more get excited and slip on her sandals. She rushed down the stairs and out of her home and towards the village. She met up with Hashirama and Naruto along the way. "You look lovely." Hashirama commented and she smiled brightly at him. "Thank you! Are we stopping to get Ino and Menma?" she asked and Naruto shook his head. "They are already there and getting our spot set up." Naruto said and she nodded. She was super excited to see everyone again.

When they got to the park, she was looking around for Tobirama. Hashirama saw her scouting the area and he couldn't help the smile. He unhooked his arm from hers as Naruto did the same and made his way over to his family. Hashirama made his way over to where Tsunade was already dipping into the festive Sake and sat with her. She greeted him cheerfully and Hinata couldn't help but smile and look around at all the families around her that were enjoying themselves. She caught sight of Neji and Tenten, but Sakura and Lee were sitting with them so she didn't want to be a crowd. She continued through the park and looked around. She couldn't help the small twinge she felt when she realized she was still alone. Even with all her friends back, she was alone.

Her heart sank at this, but she continued searching for Tobirama. Her heart sank at this, but she continued searching for Tobirama. She wanted nothing more than to find her place in this world. She saw a flicker of white hair in her peripheral and she got excited. She rushed over only to see it was Kakashi. She was let down, but he still turned to her and offered her a seat. She politely declined and it seemed he understood. She continued her search for at least fifteen more minutes before her lip curled up in irritation. Perhaps he hadn't actually wanted to come to this after all. She knew very well she could seek him out using Mind Hunter, but if she had to do that she was playing into his game of tag once more. She was over the little game of hide and seek with him.