The Face of the Enemy

I do not own naruto.

Tobirama shoved his hands in his pockets as he strolled through Suna. He didn't very much like the chill the night had here; it gave him a bad feeling. He could see his breath before his eyes, this was much like the December nights in Konoha; but this was suna. Every night was like this in Suna. The cold brushed across his exposed skin and his mouth twitched into a grimace. The people crowded through the streets tended to avoid him, they knew he wasn't from suna.

He closed his eyes and released his sensory chakra, he was searching for Hinata. She had wandered off and he had no idea where she had gone. It wasn't so much that he was worried about her, it was nothing like that. He was curious as to where she had gone. She was a childish one, she held herself above others from what he could see. She was argumentative and annoying, and even so... he couldn't find it within himself to let her succumb to the darkness around her like he wished he would. He found Sasuke first, it wasn't uncommon for those two to be found together but even though her chakra seemed off. He vanished in the familiar yellow flash of the flying Raijin.

He landed beside Sasuke, who was panting with his hands on his knees. One eye was closed while the other was swollen and red as if he had been punched. Hinata looked slightly disheveled, but he could tell she was hurt. They were in the kazekage's personal training grounds; that's why it had been a bit of trouble to find them. "Are you going to give up yet, Sasuke? I already told you how this here, will end." she snapped and Sasuke grinned and stood once more. "You know I don't back down in a fight. Not even to a girl." He said and flickered before Tobirama's eyes, much to his surprise.

Hinata didn't move, not even as Sasuke's blade sliced right through her. Thing was, Sasuke's blade didn't slice through her; nor was Sasuke wielder of the blade. Hinata had turned the tables on him; much like Itachi had turned the tables on Deidara in making Deidara use his own weapon on himself. The dull end of Hinata's blade made impact with Sasuke's stomach and his eyes went wide in surprise. "Funny how the Genjutsu you attempt to use on one person, can be used on another." Hinata said simply and Sasuke grinned when he stood back up.

He shrugged and his shoulders popped loudly. Hinata rolled her eyes as he lunged for her again, neither of them were taking the other seriously. Hinata dodged off to the side and landed on the tiny oasis that Gaara had so he could work with attempting to mold wet sand to try and gain the upper hand with Hinata. Hinata frowned when she saw the reflection on the surface of the water. Her chakra dissipated and the water she had made rise fell back to the pool of water by her feet. "I'm done here..." she said and began to walk away. Sasuke frowned and ran to follow her while Tobirama stood there, baffled by what had just happened. One moment she had been more than ready to drown Sasuke... the next... she had lost all motivation.

His brows furrowed and he fisted his hands as he leapt to catch up to them, she had most likely heard the conversation between Naruto and Gaara. He landed beside her and he saw the glazed over look in her eyes. "Hinata, what are you doing?" he asked and she looked up and her eyes were wide in surprise, but she wasn't looking at him. Goose bumps coated her arms and a chill went down his spine like an icy hand trying to pry it from his being. He felt goose bumps rise on his arms as heard the voice of the woman. Her voice was eerie, haunting even.

"Oh death... ohhh death. Won't you spare me over another?" she sang, her creepy voice hovering over them like a frozen wind. "but what is this that I can't see with its ice cold hands taking over me? When god is gone and the devil takes hold, who will have mercy on your soul?" she sang and he could feel the taunting tone in her cold eerie voice. He knew Hinata could hear it too. Her voice gave him chills; he had never heard a voice so vile, so evil. "No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold, nothing satisfies me but your soul." She sang; the taunting tone thickening. His eyes slowly turned to take in her haunting image.