Paper hearts [2] (M.H) (fluff)

Painting kept you busy, distracting yourself from all the pain and misery. Usually the theme was sadness or anger, and it probably wouldn't be changing anytime soon. As a quite famous painter, people were buying your art often. You were wealthy, not filthy rich but enough to live in a penthouse in the city. It was enough to support you and your mother back in your hometown.

-
It had been a day since you released another painting to the art gallery nearby and someone had already bought it. Sure, it seems normal, but this had been going on ever since you found that photograph. Maybe the pain wasn't so bad, it was enough to make you work harder. There's always an up to a down. But no matter how much you tried, the down would always outweigh your up.

Painting after painting, they were all gone as soon as they were put out. Something odd was going on and you were going to get to the bottom of it.
-
Maybe you over-estimated the fanciness of the gallery. Wearing a long black, flowy, dress with laced edges at the top and bottom. It wasn't too much but it was much fancier than the guy in a wife-beater and khaki shorts. You walked around, admiring the art from many others when you felt a pair of eyes on your back.

It had been forever since you visited the gallery. Most of the time, you showed up just to get inspiration of the themes for painting. But ever since the big breakup, all your art was sad and depressed, clearly depicting your emotions.

There it was. Your art that you had just sent down, it was hanging in the middle of the back section. It was a simple task, just wait here until you hear someone ask to buy your art.

You sat on the wooden bench in the center of the room. Trying not to be too obvious, you turned to the side to make it seem like you were just looking at other pieces. A soft grunt was heard behind you. Whoever it was, was whispering small things about your art.

"It's incredible, I love it." They whispered. You were dying to turn around but you needed to wait for them to buy it. "I can't believe I'm doing this, I must be crazy." They groaned as they sat directly behind you. "Hey." She said. It was much clearer now, they had a female voice.

"Hey, you okay?" You responded, listening as they sighed. "I feel terrible. I let something go that meant everything to me. Now I'm here. Reminiscing all the memories." The woman stated, shifting her position.

You felt her pain, you couldn't get over Maria no matter how hard you tried. Things felt unfinished between you two, like there was something you needed to know. Maybe it was time to let go.

"Im sorry you feel this way. Whats your name?" You consoled the person you didn't even know. She chuckled.

"I'm Maria, what's your name?"

You froze. Maria? My Maria? My Maria Hill?

You turned suddenly, staring at her with wide eyes. It was her. She was here and she was just sitting there.

"Maria?" You questioned, still shocked. You watched as her face lit up. "Y/n?" Maria asked before standing up. Her hand reached up to her mouth, making a surprised expression. "It's really you?" She asked, her eyes filling with water. You nodded slowly, still flabbergasted. Maria lunged at you, hugging you tightly.

"I missed you. I missed you so much." Maria whispered softly. Her hands roamed your back, seeming as if she hadn't touched anyone in 5 years. You felt confused. Confused on whether you should be happy or angry. You were happy, ecstatic if you please. You loved that she missed you as much as you missed her, but she still abandoned you. She still left you a mess, sad and alone.

You pushed her off of you gently, her face covered with tears. Small sniffles were heard as she hung her head low. "I love you, I'm so sorry." She pleaded. Thats when you decided it. You were going to be happy.

"Why did you leave me." You asked sternly, still wanting to hear her reasonings. Maria slowly lifted her head, a very clear guilty expression. "I was invited to a secret agent job, I'm so sorry love. They wouldn't let me tell you. I knew there were dangers and I didn't want to worry you, or even worse. I didn't want to die and leave you wondering why." She explained quite quickly, glancing down at your dress. Her eyes went big.

"Oh. Oh my god. I didn't mean to interrupt or anything, you're clearly on a date. I misunderstood, I should probably just go." Maria rushed to leave when you stopped her. "No, dummy. I'm not on a date. I came to find out who's been buying my art the minute it got released. I'm guessing I found the culprit." You teased, watching the brunette turn red.

"Sorry, I just remembered how much I loved your paintings and I came to look at them. I didn't intend on buying them but I guess things don't always happen the way you thought they would." Maria said, smiling as you smiled back.

"Yeah."
-
sorry if it was kinda rushed at the end, im feeling kinda tired