What About Me? (R.S) (angst / fluff)

You hadn't meant to be insensitive about the break-up between you and Robin. Its just that if you didn't get laid, you knew you would just go running back to her. It was hard to let her go, no matter how mutual the break-up was. Maybe thats why you were already making your way to the shooting range. Robin's comfort place.

When you opened the door, you saw Robin silently crying as she shot at the target across from her, putting her gun gun soon after. "Hey." You said, causing the girl to turn around sharply, clearly startled. "Hey, Y/n, What's up?" She sniffled. "I thought you were going on some big date." She responded, trying to sound okay but you could tell. "Robin, I know you're upset."

"What? No! I-I've never been happier." She lied through her teeth, huffing at the thought of it. "A-And this Anita, sounds lovely. I am so glad that you two just.. uh, randomly happened to.. find each other. It just warms my freaking heart." She turned around and grabbed her gun, ignoring the equipment meant to be worn while shooting. She took no time to aim and shot. The sounds of the bullets were so loud, you needed to cover your ears. As the gun clicked as it was empty, she threw her gun in anger, feeling the tears coming back out.

"So are you sure you're not upset?" You asked, obviously knowing her answer. "Well, of course I'm upset, Y/n. Don't you see how constantly talking about your conquests, makes me feel like I was just another number to you?" She explained, her voice cracking. You didn't mean to hurt her. If anything, it was the last thing you ever wanted to do.

"You're not just another number to me." You tried to make her feel better, but clearly, you would just make it worse. "And now you're taking Anita, who you barely know, on this amazing date when I never got treated that way. It just.. It just sucks, that's all. It just sucks." She sighed.

As she turned around to face away from you, you realized how careless you had been. You bragging about all the girls you scored with in front of Robin? Now thats just cruel.

"I'm sorry. What can I do to make it up to you?" You said softly, feeling guilty for making her feel like this. "Nothing, Y/n. You've already proven that I'm not important to you." "Oh stop that, I'm serious. Ask me for anything." You offered. Hoping this would lessen the pain you made her feel.

"Fine. Um.. Take me on that date." She stated. You were surprised, what does she mean? "Deal, who do you want to take with you? I know a really handsome guy, total sweetheart." You tried to think of some other single people fit for her. She really deserved someone who treats her how she should be treated.

"You." She says, looking down at the floor. Me? Why. "Good one, there's no way you would want to do that. Name one good reason that we should." You chuckled but you couldn't tell if she was joking.

"Because I love you. I love you and thinking of you with anyone else but me hurts. I know you do too, I know I'm not crazy for thinking that you love me too." She mumbled that last part, yet you heard her very clearly. Watching as she looked up at you made every thought about you her not working, disappear. If she loved you, and you loved her very much too, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad to try again.

"I do, Robin. But how will we know that when we do get together, we won't end up regretting it entirely. I never regretted loving you, but how do I know you won't regret loving me?" You countered her argument, crushing your own soul in the process. You did want this, but you couldn't risk hurting Robin more than you have already. Robin may have felt the same but what if in the future, she changes her mind?

"Y/n." She got closer and held your cheek. "We can make it work. I need us to work or else, I might go crazy. The only thing I'll end up regretting is that we didn't try. So please, try. For me." She said before leaning closer to your lips. The feeling so familiar and comforting. Her lips grazed over your own, leaving you hanging as she back away.

"Too bad the kiss comes after the date." Robin teased while smirking. You stood there, breathing heavily. Now you were feeling pretty desperate.

"Pick you up at 7." You exclaimed before rushing out. As you were leaving, you caught a glimpse of Robin. A wide smile on her face.

-
Based off Barney and Robin scene during s5 ep17 himym. should i do an after math where they are dating and reveal their relationship to the group?