Dragon Games: Escape the Forest

"Sorry, princess. We had to get you safe."

"I'm feeling better," I assured Jonas.

"Raven set the stadium on fire, and I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the Evil Queen," Jonas said, a shiver running through him as he said her name.

"Thank you so much, Jonas," I said, flinging my arms around him. "I think the painkillers knocked me out."

"Yeah. You didn't wake up once," Jonas said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Come on. My knee's fine," I said, pulling him with me as we walked out of the room.

I noticed we were in the dragon stables. Jonas smiled as I set out food for Kai and Legend.

"They're saying you set the fire—on purpose," Apple said, startling me.

"Apple," Jonas warned, revealing our presence.

"I didn't do it on purpose! My dragon got spontaneous fire hiccups! This has Evil Queen written all over it!" Raven said frustratedly.

"Well, don't worry. Your mom has promised to restore order. And she's so powerful—I know she can," Apple assured her.

"Oh, come on! Do you really believe she would? I mean, really? Really?" Raven questioned.

"You should give your mom another chance! You're all about changing your story, Raven. Your mom broke out of that mirror prison and literally walked over broken glass, just to be with you!" Apple exclaimed.

"Apple?" I questioned in disbelief.

"How could you know that?" Raven added.

Apple stayed quiet, brushing bangs out of her face. She looked down sheepishly and guiltily.

"It was you? You released my mother?!" Raven questioned, making Jonas's eyes widen.

"She promised—She promised me my happily ever after. And not just for me, for you, too. For all of us! You gotta admit, she has been a great dragon coach. She fixed the fire damage... She's changed, Raven!" Apple ranted.

"No, Apple. You've changed. We're so not on the same page anymore... In fact, I don't even think we're in the same fairytale. I hope you find your happily ever after, Apple. I really do. But first, you better find a new roommate," Raven said.

"But, we were supposed to be friends forever after!" Apple protested.

"That's not how the story goes, Apple. Not this chapter, anyway. You can't be on both sides. Good or evil. Pick one," Raven retorted, walking out of the stables.

"I really can't believe you, Apple," Jonas said, his arms crossed and fire burning in his eyes.

"Jonas, please, listen-"

"No, Apple. You've hurt me, you've hurt (Y/n), and now, you've hurt Raven. All because you wanted your happily ever after. And now, thanks to you, you probably won't get yours because you were stupid enough to believe the evillest villain of all of Ever After would give it to you!" Jonas snapped. "All of this... That's worth all of that to you?"

"Apple, my knee was broken, and now is merely fractured, and I was almost burned thanks to the Evil Queen. You really think she would do something so important to her enemy's daughter after what she did to me?" I questioned. "I really hope you realize what you've done. You messed up your fairytale, and now, thanks to you, you've probably messed up everyone else's, including your brother's. Your brother's!"

"She won't do that," Apple sobbed.

"Yes she will, Apple. I count on it," Jonas argued, grabbing my hand and storming off with me.