Six

Ressi POV

——————-

All I could do is stare at his face as I felt the shake threaten to release itself. His cheekbones, chin, jawline, lips, eyes, nose...him. Time seem to froze and my bones locked together, recognising the threat, to let it overcome and pass rather than fight against it. All I could do is see him, but I couldn't focus, it was a haze, his eyes blurred, nose smothered against his face in a random mix of fazed out colors.

My breathing shortened and as I felt the worst prepare itself I felt the soothing touch of his hand to calm me, as reality came crashing back. Our instructor was talking about something, the other female instructor was nodding at whatever he was saying. Time continuing on, no-one noticing me or my problem. I looked down at his hand following the wrist that led to his arm to his shoulder to his face to see...

Tom peered down at me, worry deep in his eyes. I turned my head quick to see my mate staring down at the hand that was not his, but Toms. His head rose slowly to meet my eyes and held them. Brown, hinted with the yellow of the wolf beneath, long black eyelashes with strong arched eyebrows. I don't know how long we stared, but it was heavy stare as we studied each other, learning our images, his height, higher than any other male I knew, hair dark and short, curling slightly behind his ears, lips soft and pink, face defined by bones, a slight scar curved around the side of his jaw. Gorgeous.

Then his face changed.

His lips curled up in a sneer and his eyes turned harsh as he took a step back and I shook off Tom's hand to reach forward to him, to say everything and nothing only to have the wolf who had beaten him in the hall step in front off me, face right to mine and growl, teeth bared as I snapped back, teeth barely missing his as I was yanked back by a strong force to turn and snap at our instructor who pushed me back and grabbed the mate beater by his shoulder and my shoulder to push us forward into a circled ring. I looked around to see other pair in the same circled rings.

I faced mate beater again with a snort of breath, teeth sharpening painfully in my mouth fueling my anger.

"If you want to fight, fight in the ring, this is the only time you will have, hear me runts" the instructor growled out in front of us.

I felt on display, seeing both Tom and Marie's worried by obviously angered faces, to Jessica's delighted sneer then to my mate, who looked on past me to his beater. Now that for some reason felt like I had been shot in the stomach and let to bleed out. He looked at his beater, a member of his pack with more care and worry that he had me. As if noticing my stare he looked eyes with mine before looking down and I felt as if tears were going to fall. But for what reason? Maybe we weren't mates, maybe I'd made a mistake. I just, I know it's him, I just know it can't not be him. As I turned back to mate beater from the corner of my eyes I still watched him, noticing his head look up from the floor to his side, to Tom, where Tom watched me, and his eyes followed back to me with a look in his eyes, not realizing I was noticing.

The instructor who had torn mate beater and I apart was listing of rules.

Unarmed fighting, no weapons to be used, no wolf to be let unleashed, the safety word which was Buzz-Game. There were more but I couldn't focus on them. I must of dazed off as I was once again staring at my mate as a bell sounded.

I didn't notice my opponent, my mate's beater, move until his fist connect with my jaw, sending my stumbling as my body swiveled with the force of his punch. I quickly righted myself, my brain still frayed from the shake, slow, so slow.

"Awww, the little bitch already shocked!" Mate beater cooed as my mind short circuited and tried to catch up with my situation. There was blood in my mouth, I had bitten my lip. Around me I can hear the others fighting, but I could feel their eyes of the audience. Tom, Marie, Jessica, Greg...mate. I gave my head a sharp tilt to my mate to see him watching the fight in the far corner, and I wasn't sure to be happy or sad.

The shake was still in my bones, and my movements were jerky and primal as mate beater lunged forward and I brought my fist to punch his solar plexus, his momentum sending him straight into it as I snap at his face, wrapping my left hand around the back of his neck and jerking him down, throwing his body into my knee with enough force to hear the air leave him. I flew my leg up for another knew but his hand swiped it, wrapping his hand around the back of my knee and all breaking the skin at the back of my knee, causing me to lose my balance as he slammed his head up and hit me in the nose and I stumbled back.

What was wrong with me? The shake still hummed in my bones. There was no way I would cop a beating like this on a normal day, I was slagging behind. My heel shot up and palmed him in the nose, smashing it as blood dribbled down my own lips to my chin like his own. He fell back, twisting as he did, knee coming up and hitting the side of my knee, shredding it, and that is when I truly screamed.

I collapsed on my good knee, all rational thought leaving me as I lunged at his fallen body, my knee following behind, the tendon completely snapped. The pain was drowned out by the anger and as his hands wrapped around my neck my nail elongated, hooking into the shirt covering his chest, imbedding them in deeply, tearing into muscle. Neither of us unrelenting.

His hands continued to cut off my air as black spots hazed my vision and my nails penetrated deeper, his nail biting into my neck as both our wolves roared out.

I was nearly gone, faint cries and screams around me as my nails dug in so far they hit his ribs and I scoured them hearing him roar beneath me as someones back pressed into mine and I nearly melted, nearly. It was my mate, forcing mate beaters hands from my throat, blood trickling down my neck as his nails retreated, and I gulped in the oxygen, feeling me slump back into my mate's body, my nails leaving my opponent's chest with a sickening screech as they curved around his ribs and a crazed laugh left me at the sound. Like a harb, play his bones like a fiddle, listen to them shatter and squeal.

Suddenly my mate was in front of me, but not to help me, he heaved mate beater up and away as I felt myself become cradled into another chest. Not his chest. Tom.

I caught a final glance of my mate to see everything I never wanted to see before I submitted to the blue haze before me.

Him, shattering, me.