Seven

Marie POV

---------

Ressi had dug her claws deep into Shane's chest, his hands wrapped tightly around her neck as he was determined to choke her out. It was when Ressi's nail curved around Shane's ribs and a screech rang out and she let out a choked laugh when everything got serious.

Shane was trying to choke her out, Ressi was going for his heart.

Before the fight started, Ressi's instructor had said before, no intervening in the fight, but Tom was clenching his fists, jaw knotted as he was close to barreling over. I ran my hand on his shoulder.

"Tom, what's wrong?" I questioned and he shrugged me off, teeth snapping at me as he tore away, as if I wasn't his pack, his little sister. Only seconds later to have Ressi land on Shane, pierce his flesh and he choke her, those split seconds another male sprinted over. Covering Ressi's back and murmuring things in her ear as she fell back relaxed, utterly content to let this random outside male hold her, as she let her grip on Shane go as another pulled Shane off.

Tom rushed to Ressi, growling until the other male let her go slowly, and she fell back until Tom caught her.

There was a fire in me, as I looked at Shane's bleeding body, slowly being lifted up by the same male that had helped Ressi who now had Tom inspecting her neck.

The fire was urging me forward, and I was lurching forward until I was beside Shane, his eyes dark and full of the animal as the guy continued to pull him up and away from Ressi.

The guy paid no heed, his eyes fixed towards the ring as I soothed my hand down Shane's arm to have the fire spark, devouring me whole as I let in a sharp intake of air.

Mate. Shane. Mate.

Shane's body jerked, and he latched hold of my arms, bringing my body to his in a sharp snap and I was crushed to his chest, tears flowing from my eyes. I had found him! My mate! Thats all I ever wanted, was to find him, and let myself take care of him, him take care of me.

Even bruised and bloody, Shane was gorgeous in the typical werewolf male way. Dark blonde hair that was slightly long and in a messy top knot, eyes green and framed with long lashes, he had pretty features thrown onto a stone face, a perfect combination for me.

I heard the world continue to turn, the instructors yelling and ushering everybody out before they all lost it to their wolves. Tom was still clutching Ressi, worry on his face as she looked straight ahead, face near devastated, broken as I followed her gaze to the male still holding Shane up.

His face was utterly gorgeous as well, but his features were drawn tight, face cold, his eyes holding something close to denial as he stared straight back at Ressi.

Then he turned away and tugged Shane to the floor, me still by his side and left the room.

Only to have a chilling scream ring out.

A keening cry of dismay torn from Ressi's mouth.

The sound froze everybody, it was cringe worthy, all pain, all sorrow. The instructors were nowhere to be seen, gone off herding the rest of the students, or maybe to gather more teachers, I had no idea. Bu that sound....oh god that sound was so destructive, Tom had the palest, sickest look on his face.

Why was Tom so heartbroken, I was apart of Ressi's pack as well, but the pain looked ten times worse on his face, pain etched into every muscle of his face.

I was still clutching Shane, curled to his body, head gingerly resting my head on his chest, feeling whole, even as I watched Ressi still in Tom's arms fall apart. She thrashed, throwing her head back and I could tell she was gone, lost to something that was primal and instinctive.

I watched as she slipped her hand from Tom's grip to slash his face, claws still red from Shane's blood, attempt to claw his face...and succeed. I cringed again waiting to feel the pain from Tom as I watched her hand raise up, Tom pulling his head back just fast enough for her claws to leave a thin rake like mark, deep enough to bring a burst of thick red blood to flow.

But...I felt nothing...Wait. What?

I couldn't feel Tom, and I couldn't feel Ressi, but I could feel Jessica, Greg, Alexi and the others, why not them?

But I watched shocked as the blood trickle down my brother's chin and drop onto Ressi's face, to see her bare her teeth as a drop fell onto her canine and her eyes slid closed as she licked that teeth clean and something filled the air. Her bloodlust.

Suddenly I was dragged up, pulled back close to his chest.

"Sha-Shane...don't...you'll hurt-" I was cut off my his stricken expression.

His voice was like honey, thick but sweet. "We have to go, it doesn't feel right...Doesn't..." He shook his head and began to tug me back to a side door as I watched the scene unfold in front of me.

Tom no longer had Ressi pinned, and the look in her eyes were feral, yellow shone through tinged with blue sparks, her body churning violently as Tom held his hands up, face distrot as Ressi shed her human skin, fur sprouting as her bones cracked and shifted, her growls turning to screams that turned to howls and she shifted completely. Her fur a deep rich chocolate brown, red fur running through it making it look completely wild. Then her body twisted, Shane's feet dragging mine as I screamed as her body bunched and she lunged.

Lunging at Tom.