Eight

Ressi POV

——————-

I Couldn't see right, there was a haze clouding my vision, a rippling as I watched the hazed image in front of me, hands up and I felt saliva leak from my mouth. I was hungry...so hungry. The shake had taken over.

I lunged, watching the person fall back as I heard a scream and my body twisted sharply, curling inwards to the sound. Two figures, the scream of a girl, being dragged through the door.

My interest sparked, the animal in me getting excited. I wanted to chase. My body bunched as I kicked back at the ground, leaping off at a fast speed as the two left and I crashed into the wall near the door, red clouding thicker as I smashed through the door, watching them run down the hallway. The walls seeming to close in on me, wanting to crush me as I chased them. Hearing something in my mind call to me, urging me to stop and I did. Feeling everything clear to...

No!

I hit my head on the floor, pawing at my hears. It hurt, everything hurt. I needed out, wanted out, and I was out. And I wasn't going to be caged back in.

I shot up and howled. Letting them know I was coming. And soon I rounded them, snapping at the heels of the girl, urging her faster. I wanted to play, this was too easy. Then my head snapped back as the crying girl was pulled behind someone, the male. His hand was curled up, balled. He hit me and I out a cross between and growl and a whimper. Now, let's play.

I snapped forward as he was once again pulled back, the girl fighting forward and I barreled into them, snapping left, then right. I didn't want them dead...yet. I had grown, I wasn't like I was when I was younger. I had let the shake take over, and the shake wanted the red pooled at the floor.

My body shook at the thought, and I suddenly went tunnel visioned as I eyes the girl. She was mine.

The male let out a growl, his skin shifting and I knew he was about to change. I rammed him to the wall with my shoulders, ramming he once, then twice. Feeling him slip down the floor, unconscious.

Time seemed to slow as I turned back to the girl. She seemed in shock, her figure blurred in and out as the red intensified and burned out, leaving ripples in my eyesight. A blurred movement as I swayed around, hackles up, feeling the low growl rumble out of me, teeth bared as they snapped open.

Words tumbled out of her mouth, syllaable after sylable falling onto deaf ears like mush.

Play time was over, my haze at it's peak, if I didn't kill now, I'll shut down.

My whole body shook as I stepped forward, scratching my claws against the marble flooring, muscles bunching as I prepared for the kill.

The girl suddenly turned and fled, and a growl filled the air. But not by me.

I turned just in time to see another wolf, larger than my own dive at me and we tumbled, crashing into the wall as I watched her leave, feeling my bones begin to lock.

No. No!

We unlocked from each other, distancing in the tight hallway, looking for weaknesses and as another bone stiffened, I caught the scent, his scent.

Mate.

His fur was thick, a dark brown, near black through the haze. Glossy and soft looking. His eyes were the same, the same deep colour. He was larger than me, strong, so strong.

Another bone locked and shook and panic edged at me. I had to leave, I had to leave now.

I twisted my body slightly to flee, not defensive at all as he struck, teeth locking around my throat and I fell from the impact. His teeth digging in hard, unmerciful as I slashed with my hind legs, trying to claw him off as I felt another part of my lock down, the pain from my body, and the pain of my mate hurting me intensified and I let out a whimper, feeling my body shake near uncontrollably.

And like that, his teeth loosened, almost instantly as my body shook like hell, writhing down as the cold settled into my body, flaking at the muscles, tearing me apart from the inside out and I cried, whimpering and yelping uncontrollably.

His muzzle nuzzled my neck, licking the spot he had pinned as if that was the source of the pain and I curled in on him, the red haze gone, vision clearing to normal, then black spots flashing behind my eyes. Another shake hit me and my body snapped into his to have him whimper out himself, his nose, prodding me trying to find the pain as he turned frantic as another cry left me.

I felt his body leave and I whimpered.

Don't leave, don't leave, don't leave, don't leave...'

I repeated the mantra in my head, feeling the heat of his body leave and the cold seep in worse and now I felt true agony and I screamed.

It felt as if someone was flaking my skin, muscles being torn, bones being split, just to have the cold leave seep in, then at the end, everything will be sealed but up like it does every other time, and I won't be the same, I'll be worse, I'll be different.

Suddenly he was back, but in skin. Stalking my writhing wolf body wearily as I froze when I saw him, whimpering out. He left me, he had left me, but he's back, back, back, back.....

I felt my eyes seal shut, body turning jerky as I reached the end of the shake.

Suddenly he was next to me, clothed in nothing but skin from the shift, his hands tugging at my fur, repeatedly shouting at me with words that become clearer every time.

"Shift! You have to shift, listen to me, SHIFT "

I felt the cold rebel but the authority in his voice, it was charged with so much power, so much dominance that I felt my body instantly obey, cloaking myself in human skin. The way he was treated...abused...He was surely an omega...But that power, there was no way he could be anything less than an Alpha.

I was naked. But he paid no attention to that, my body still shook and he gathered me in his arms, hoisting me up in his arms bridal style and curling it into him, hiding my body from the outside world, murmuring sweet words in my ears as I cried out again, as the final shake hit me and I choked, falling out of this state as he shook me against his chest, crying something out.

And as I slipped away I heard the words tumble out of his mouth that left me with painful confusion, and utter madness.

"I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry"